Create version 0 in Ftrack

Luigi

What is if a client needs to get the delivery versions starting with version 0?

At the moment it is not possible in ftrack to have version 0.

Currently all the delivery versions with version 0 are not showing up in ftrack.

Is there a solution for this issue?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Remus,

When creating a new version, it seems like `0` is treated as None and the resulting AssetVersion will have the version number set to the next available version number or 1. After the version has been created it is possible to update the version number to set it explicitly as 0.

asset_version = session.create('AssetVersion', {...})
session.commit()
asset_version['version'] = 0
session.commit()

Regards,
Lucas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 10:05 AM, Mattias Lagergren said:

I will report this as a bug, but might take some time to get fixed.

I thought this was the intention, so we are using it as a feature. If we want to create the next available version, we set the version to 0 when creating the asset version.
It would be nice to still retain this feature somehow. Maybe -1 would make more sense for this? Or a dedicated method or argument for getting the next available version number.

21 minutes ago, tokejepsen said:

I thought this was the intention, so we are using it as a feature. If we want to create the next available version, we set the version to 0 when creating the asset version.
It would be nice to still retain this feature somehow. Maybe -1 would make more sense for this? Or a dedicated method or argument for getting the next available version number.

I think not specifying the version number when you create the assetVersion it's the best way. In this way it's automatically creating the next version.

4 minutes ago, Remus Avram said:

I think not specifying the version number when you create the assetVersion it's the best way. In this way it's automatically creating the next version.

Good point! We'll probably use that then instead.

Specifically we are using https://github.com/pyblish/pyblish-ftrack, where we allow the users to specify the version number, but we can just -1 internally as a way to let the plugin know to create the next available version.

Archived