Download all

keyframe

This might already be possible, and i'm simply missing the button -- however...

Is it possible for a collaborator to download all the items in a review session at once, instead of having to select each one?

The use case, currently, is the overwhelming sea of versions currently being produced in commericals... 16x9, 1x1, 9x16, 5x4 (mutliple languages, multiple offers only make the matter worse)....

G

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, 

Thanks for your continued interest in this feature, unfortunately this still isn't currently possible, though we've heard from multiple clients who'd love to have this. We've been looking at different ways to approach this though and have been pondering with how we to handle all downloads since the number of versions in a playlist can vary drastically. 

One thing we're curious to know more about is that when you want a guest to be able to download all versions, is this because you're specifically sending them a playlist for them to download all versions, or is it more from the guests side (e.g some clients prefer to be able to download your versions for offline viewing or to construct into an edit?).

We're curious to understand more about these use-cases as some of those problems may be better suited to separate features where we can make the experience better, rather than riding off the back of a *download-all* button.

Please let us know, and happy to explore this particular feature in more detail with anyone.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 1 month later...

For example, I have a TV show right now with 100 shots per episodes, 10 episodes. I want to send that Client Review link, and while the post sup gives feedback, Editorial can download and ingest into AVID to give any tech notes.

This saves a ton of busy work. Right now I have to download all of this stuff, and upload it to their Aspera. It's a waste of time, because it's sitting right there and could be downloaded with 200+ clicks, and the terrible browser downloader. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Eric!

This is a really great contribution to the community.  you can also use this in the Overview section in the versions page.

Which also allows you to filter on versions based on client review.  or allow you to download versions from a cross project view I think many people will find really helpful!

Regards,
Daniel

• 6 months later...
On 12/5/2021 at 3:18 AM, Eric Levy said:

Enjoy. Please share any useful updates you make to this.

https://github.com/emlcpfx/ftrack_batch_download_versions

Hi Eric,

How to install this in Ftrack to use? I have download it on Github but I don't know how to make it work?

It will be nice if you can provide a guidelines for people who don't know about Python nor Codes.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...