Disable upload to ftrack server

Remus Avram

Hi Remus,

thank for the request. I have heard this one before, so it would be interesting to see if anyone else is also interested in this.

One question though, when you say disable all publishing. Do you really mean that?

I'm thinking about things like uploading into a review session, adding reference media to things etc. which are also versions. Or would you see it more as a permission?

Cheers

Hi Bjoern,

thanks for your answer!
I think the most awesome way is to manage it as a permission. 

The main idea is to not allow users to publish versions using the web interface. Also to limitate the publish using the ftrack-connect. Everything that is published needs to go through our Pipeline. Even uploading into a review session or adding reference media needs to go through our Pipeline as we don't want them them on the ftrack server.

If we can control where the files go, then we can allow some uploads using the web interface.

I hope this makes sense. :)

Cheers!

Hi Remus,

it is currently not planned, so I cant give you any dates at this point.

But, there is another feature coming soon which would allow you to communicate with a user after they have uploaded something.
Do you think you could use that as a workaround? Basically a user uploads something, you listen to that event and respond with a message "You are not allowed to upload in the UI, please do like this instead..." and then you remove the uploaded version.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived