Review components

tokejepsen

We have started uploading our movies, and bypassing the encoding so we know what to expect from the files online. In doing so I had to delete the existing "ftrackreview-mp4" and ftrackreview-webm" components on asset versions.

I discovered that when I deleted one "ftrackreview-mp4" component, another one took its place. Is this expected behaviour?

In doing so I had to delete the existing "ftrackreview-mp4" and ftrackreview-webm" components on asset versions.

I discovered that when I deleted one "ftrackreview-mp4" component, another one took its place. Is this expected behaviour?

Are you going back and re-encoding existing versions?

Not sure I understand "another one took its place", could you elaborate a little bit?

Are you going back and re-encoding existing versions?

Yes.

Not sure I understand "another one took its place", could you elaborate a little bit?

When the delete operation has succeeded, the review component still exists on the version, so I can only assume that there is another component "queued" taking its place. I have tested this out, with uploading/encoding a version twice, and deleted the component twice which got rid of the component.

Aha, so it is not that you've deleted "ftrackreview-mp4" but you still have "ftrackreview-webm"?

No, when I delete the review component, I delete both "ftrackreview-mp4" and "ftrackreview-webm". When I upload/encode a version twice, I have to delete "ftrackreview-mp4" and "ftrackreview-webm" twice as well.

Hi,

If the component is encoded twice, it will have to be deleted twice as well. That is correct.

If you are not encoding it twice, it is not intended behaviour, but in that case I am not sure I fully understand your situation. Are you able to explain in more detail what steps you take and what the result is? That is,

* Before you perform any operations, what components exist on the version?

* What operations do you perform?

* After the operations, what components exist on the version?

Regards,

Lucas

Before you perform any operations, what components exist on the version?

There are no review component on the version to begin with, neither "ftrackreview-mp4" or "ftrackreview-webm". I can see this both in the web ui, as there is no review button enabled (see below), and I can see this with the api.

import syssys.path.append(r'K:\development\tools\ftrack\ftrack-api')import ftrackversion = ftrack.AssetVersion('d05176a4-b93b-11e5-bb9a-42010af00048')for c in version.getComponents():    print c.getName()
Write4Write3Write2Write1main

post-1015-0-63945800-1452677143_thumb.pn

What operations do you perform?

I upload/encode media twice on the version, with this code. This is to simulate uploading a version twice, at separate times.

import syssys.path.append(r'K:\development\tools\ftrack\ftrack-api')import ftrackversion = ftrack.AssetVersion('d05176a4-b93b-11e5-bb9a-42010af00048')media = r'L:\ethel_and_ernest_0001\renders\movies\q000\q000c099\compositing\v005\Write1\q000c099.compositing.v005.mov'ftrack.Review.makeReviewable(version, media)ftrack.Review.makeReviewable(version, media)

There is now a reviewable component on the version.

post-1015-0-72281500-1452677820_thumb.pn

After the operations, what components exist on the version?

I can actually already now see there are duplicate components with the same name with this code.

import syssys.path.append(r'K:\development\tools\ftrack\ftrack-api')import ftrackversion = ftrack.AssetVersion('d05176a4-b93b-11e5-bb9a-42010af00048')for c in version.getComponents():    print c.getName()
Write4Write3Write2Write1mainthumbnailftrackreview-mp4ftrackreview-webmthumbnailftrackreview-mp4ftrackreview-webm

After deleting the review components once with this code, I'm still left with some review components.

import syssys.path.append(r'K:\development\tools\ftrack\ftrack-api')import ftrackversion = ftrack.AssetVersion('d05176a4-b93b-11e5-bb9a-42010af00048')c = version.getComponent('ftrackreview-mp4')c.delete()c = version.getComponent('ftrackreview-webm')c.delete()for c in version.getComponents():    print c.getName()
Write4Write3Write2Write1mainthumbnailthumbnailftrackreview-mp4ftrackreview-webm

It looks to me that the encoding process is bypassing the restriction on the api, to not have duplicate component names on a version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2016 at 10:45 AM, tokejepsen said:

It looks to me that the encoding process is bypassing the restriction on the api, to not have duplicate component names on a version.

Yes, that is true! We're enforcing the uniqueness of the component names per asset version in the legacy api, but internally in our data model it is possible. And as you've pointed out the encoding service does not take this into consideration.

We have a discussion internally about making the component names unique everywhere.

Archived