Event hub for Launch RV review

Remus Avram

I have to start RV with the right project configuration.

Is there any event hub for Launch RV from review?

If not, then it will be cool if in the params flag it is also included the project ID (I assume that never happen to have a review in more then one project at the time).

Also. can "TempData" entity be managed from the new ftrack API?

This is how the arguments looks like at the moment when we lunch RV from review:

'rvlink:// -flags ModeManagerPreload=ftrack ftrackUrl=http://ftrack params='{"entityId":["f56a9eac-79b1-11e6-be4e-005056a76761"],"auth_token":["f57138a2-79b1-11e6-abde-005056a76761"],"entityType":["tempdata"]}'

Hi Mattias,

thanks for the answer!

Which is the action which you refer?

There are many ways to launch RV in Ftrack:

- One is to configure it System Settings -> File Types, and open it from components.

- Other way is to open it using the Review -> Launch RV

- Another is to create a custom action.

The best way for us is to use the Review -> Launch RV.

The difference between them is the arguments which are passed when the rv starts. If there will be a hook when RV from Review starts, then we can modify the arguments before RV starts.

Also, it will help if the project id is included in the arguments in params. We need it because it is really difficult to get the project if we know only the id of the entity type 'tempdata'. In this case we can use only the legacy api and for each object type is another way to get the project.

Hi Remus,

So I was referring to the Action that you get when running ftrack Connect on you machine. E.g. you can multi-select in a Spreadsheet and right click and then "Actions". See attached screenshot:

Screenshot at Sep 15 10-01-43.png

As you say (and a bit unfortunate) there are different methods for launching RV. The menu options you refer to are using rvlink, whereas the Action is using an action hook in Connect and puts the api etc. on the path.

Archived