FTRACK_SERVER env variable for Ftrack Connect

Remus Avram

• 9 months later...

Hi Mattias. Are there any updates regarding this topic?

We would like to set ftrack-connect for all the users in the autostart and if we can control the ftrack server URL, then they don't have to anything manually.

Even more, we would like to run it in the background. In this way, we don't have to disturb the artists and create confusion.

Or is there any other way to fill out the Ftrack Server URL automatically?

We haven't had time to look into this yet I'm afraid.

On 2017-6-8 at 7:04 PM, Remus Avram said:

We would like to set ftrack-connect for all the users in the autostart and if we can control the ftrack server URL, then they don't have to anything manually.

I think it should be fairly easy thing to do and if you have sometime to look into it I'm happy to put you in the right direction in the source code.

On 2017-6-8 at 7:04 PM, Remus Avram said:

Even more, we would like to run it in the background. In this way, we don't have to disturb the artists and create confusion.

When you say run it in the background do you mean starting it without the window open up, but still have it in the tray?

On 6/9/2017 at 11:28 PM, Mattias Lagergren said:

I think it should be fairly easy thing to do and if you have sometime to look into it I'm happy to put you in the right direction in the source code.

It would be great if you can point me to the source code where this can be added.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:28 PM, Mattias Lagergren said:

When you say run it in the background do you mean starting it without the window open up, but still have it in the tray?

This is exactly what we would like to have.

It would be great if you can point me to the source code where this can be added.

The login server url field is defined here:

https://bitbucket.org/ftrack/ftrack-connect/src/777809bc3d388c4aebef6311fd5a0ec44d7c9e7c/source/ftrack_connect/ui/widget/login.py?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#login.py-40

This is exactly what we would like to have.

The Connect main application window is created here, perhaps there is some flag that you could set to have it created minimised:

https://bitbucket.org/ftrack/ftrack-connect/src/777809bc3d388c4aebef6311fd5a0ec44d7c9e7c/source/ftrack_connect/__main__.py?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

Archived