What docs to set up a Location?

Alberto GZ

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any step by step manual for setting up location with the new api yet? I'm looking for some thing like this:

The documentation is a great reference.  But due to all the crossreferences it's hard to get an overall impression of all the steps that are actually needed to get locations to work.

A step by step manual for locations using  FTP accessors as some people requested before would also be nice :)

Unfortunately not, but I agree - lots of api docs but would be good with an easier tutorial. For the actual configuration step, where you let your api session know about the location plugin, this is a good resource: http://ftrack-python-api.rtd.ftrack.com/en/latest/locations/configuring.html#configuring-automatically

• 1 year later...
On 3.6.2016 at 8:50 AM, Mattias Lagergren said:

Unfortunately not, but I agree - lots of api docs but would be good with an easier tutorial. For the actual configuration step, where you let your api session know about the location plugin, this is a good resource: http://ftrack-python-api.rtd.ftrack.com/en/latest/locations/configuring.html#configuring-automatically

Hey again, 

for some reason the example given in that resource, is giving me 'no module named id' and I seem to be unable to solve this. I'm sure this must be an easy fix, but I don't get it.. The path-variables have to be correct, since the lines above don't error. Is anybody else having issues with this? We would like to setup a customized structure-plugin, but for now, we're stuck on the first step..

There is a new-api version of a location-plugin which does the setup. This one seems to be working.

And about the old api:

I found out, what the problem was. The ftrack-connect-package I use, is a custom build. In this build, the file id.py wasn't packaged (for what ever reason..), which then resulted in the above error-msg. 

Archived