Invalid font prefix "ftrack" after installing Connect 2.0.0rc6

John Kalaigian

Greetings,

I encountered the following error after installing Connect 2.0.0rc6:

File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "source\ftrack_connect_package\__main__.py", line 194, in <module>
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0rc6-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\__main__.py", line 139, in main
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0rc6-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\ui\application.py", line 367, in __init__
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0rc6-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\ui\application.py", line 503, in login
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0rc6-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\ui\application.py", line 647, in loginWithCredentials
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0rc6-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\ui\widget\configure_scenario.py", line 42, in __init__
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\__init__.py", line 188, in icon
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py", line 347, in icon
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py", line 397, in _parse_options
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py", line 431, in _get_prefix_chars

Whereas my python path is set to: C:\Python310, I did not encounter this issue with 2.0.0rc5.

Best,

John

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for following up. I did uninstall all prior RC installations, as well as removed any files in my AppData\Local\ftrack directories, before installing that same version you provided. I was able to launch connect 2.0.0 without any issues. I was chatting with Lorenzo about this yesterday on slack, especially after I was successful of running connect 2.0.0 following the install. However, as of today following a restart to my system I'm encountering the same error once again:

File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "source\ftrack_connect_package\__main__.py", line 194, in <module>
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\__main__.py", line 139, in main
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\ui\application.py", line 367, in __init__
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\ui\application.py", line 503, in login
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\ui\application.py", line 647, in loginWithCredentials
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\ftrack_connect-2.0.0-py3.7.egg\ftrack_connect\ui\widget\configure_scenario.py", line 42, in __init__
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\__init__.py", line 188, in icon
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py", line 347, in icon
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py", line 397, in _parse_options
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py", line 431, in _get_prefix_chars

What is strange is that I do not have my python installed in C:\Python, nor do I have the packages listed in this stack trace.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Lorenzo Angeli,

I have ran into the same issue (exact same error log).
Interestingly, as a new user, ftrack connect launched correctly the first time around, it wasn't until I connected to our url and restarted the program that the issue popped up.
Has there been a patch for this, or should I try to find an older version of ftrack connect in the meantime?

Thank you for your time,
With kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mathias Aerts

Apologies for the delayed response here. This currently hasn't been pushed out just yet, however we've had a reported workaround that appear to have helped some customers in the short term. 

1 - Uninstall and delete all Connect files from my computer.
2- Changed monitor resolution to 100% scaling instead of 150%. The reason to do this is because it's been reported essential parts of the UI are being hidden due to monitors resolution scaling
3 - Install ftrack Connect again.
4 - Re-sign in to Connect
5 - Configure your storage scenario (this is the part that may have been previously obscured by resolution scaling)
6- Instal any plugins and restart Connect

Please let us know if that helps you in the short term. 

Cheers,

Andrew