Bug with Users that are ASSIGNED type not accessing custome attributes?

jonathan-v

Hello,

We are experiencing an odd issue with our restricted user settings.  Even though we have custom attributes selected as accessible they never seem to show up in the info section.

For instance all of our users are of ASSIGNED type and cannot access work in, work out attribs on the shot.  When switching the user back to a regular user that accesses all jobs the custom attributes work as expected.  Any thoughts on this oddity are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JV

Hi,

I agree, that restriction might be confusing.

The Assigned permission only works on the task you are assigned on, and not any parents (shots, sequences).

Therefore, you are not able to see the custom attributes on the shot, even though the role misleadingly allows you to set that permission.

To work around this issue, you could add a new Project permission, and only give it access to the custom attributes you are interested in showing.

Then you would give your restricted users this permission, in addition to the Assigned permission.

The interface for managing permission is something we want to improve to make it more easy to use.

Let me know if this helps you or if you have any more questions I can help you with.

Regards,

Lucas

Ahh I see.  This is kind of a hacky work around, but does work as a short term solution for our situation.  It is good to hear that there is a discussion on permission management because in it's current state it is confusing, and requires a lot of manual changes per user.

We had other issues regarding managing permissions as I mentioned in this post: http://forum.ftrack.com/index.php?/topic/106-flexiblity-with-role-settings/

I really think just allowing the ASSIGNED type to have the same selectable permissions/custom attribs as the other types would be a great first step in the right direction.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

JV

• 2 years later...

With this setup it would be nice if Default role in settings could have more settings.

Ideally it should have all the options you have when you assign roles to a user making it more of a "Default roles" setup.

Currently all users here have "Restricted User", "User" (three different projects for time reporting), "AssignedCustom" (All projects, workaround from this thread)

Archived