All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hi Jen, I think the issue is that we don't really know what's running on the same computer. With the Python API's event hub, we can either broadcast a message to the server, which is relayed to other listeners, or we can send that message to only the plugins that that API session has loaded. Setting aside the fact that the Adobe plugin is using Javascript (and doesn't have the local or synchronous option), there's still no middle ground of "transmit this event to other processes, but only those on my local machine". It would be possible to filter on the source id attribute of the event, but you'd still have to register each id as local--so every new browser session or new instance of Photoshop would have to get added to some list maintained by Connect. There are a few workflows that would benefit from that third option, and I have a rough proof of concept idea in my head, but we'd have to balance a more-thorough implementation with other priorities.
  3. Sorry to revive an old thread, but is there any way to change the user for the Activity also? The change suggested by @Mattias Lagergren definitely changes the "Published By" property, but the Activities tab for the Asset Version still shows "<api user> published..." instead of the user I specify in the `user_id`.
  4. Hi, The filter that you need requires multiple queries. And the web gui can't handle that, at the moment. This is something that we are aware of and that's being discussed. Can't giva any guarantees, but hopefully we could get even better possibilities for queries in future release(s)of ftrack. In the meantime, as mentioned by Julian, you could use the API. Regards, Johan
  5. Hey Julian, thank for your reply. Thats a good idea. We will try that. Like you said, it would be very very welcome to do this kind of sorting stuff with filter queries instead. Thanks again. Sascha
  6. Ah ok .. guess that’s by design. you could setup an event handler that is listening to status changes and sets a ‘latest_approved’ flag on the most recent approved version. Then you could use that attribute in your queries. Quite involved for what you want but it should work. Would be welcome if something like that could be accomplished with the filter queries instead.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Hi Julian, thank you for your answer, but the built-in latest version filter sadly doesn't work here. It only gets all latest versions like a preselection and other Filters are applied after the "the built-in latest version filter". If I have an Asset Version 7 which has the status "pending review" and an Asset Version 6 with status "Approved" i want to get the Version 6 as result. What I get for this asset when activating the "built-in latest version filter" and filtering for "Approved" and "Artist Reviewed" is an empty result. Thats because Version 7 which is the latest existing version doest not match the filter criteria. Version 6 is not included in the Query. Is there anyone who can help me with this? Thanks!
  9. Thanks. I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in the document though.
  10. Last week
  11. I may be wrong but can’t you combine the query filter with the built-in latest version filter and are done?
  12. Hi, we are currently trying to set up a filter query in the browser. Goal is to list all latest version of assets for one project which have the status "approved" or "Artist Reviewed". We have come up with the following query: "(status.name is 'Artist Reviewed' or status.name is 'Approved' ) and (task.type.name is 'Compositing' and asset.name not_like '%preRender%')" The thing is that we only want to see one result, the lastest, and not all versions matching the criteria. I have read in the forum that "limit and order by" statements are not possible in the filter query. Do you have a hint for us to get the result we want? thanks!
  13. Hi Paulo, You can't do it exactly like that. But you could maybe use a query filter: https://help.ftrack.com/en/articles/2423068-filtering-using-api-like-queries Using "DAYS", like in this example: status_changes.date > "{DAYS(-2)}" Regards, Johan
  14. Hi Julian, Thanks for updating. Good to hear that you found what you need. Regards, Johan
  15. Digging around I found the answer to my question by myself. For reference it is possible to modify the labels on review-session-objets. More information can be found here http://ftrack-python-api.rtd.ftrack.com/en/1.7.0/example/review_session.html?highlight=reviewsession and in the action here https://bitbucket.org/ftrack/ftrack-recipes/src/master/python/actions/annotate_review_clips/
  16. Hey Johan, Actually, this is exactly what I (and Tim, if I understood him correctly, too) want to do. The question is where to find the default one. Best, Julian
  17. That was it! Thank you for your prompt response! That brings me to a second question that is less pressing: shouldn't the `publish_components` hook only respond to events that were generated on the originating machine?
  18. Hi Julian, It is currently not possible to customize the create project dialog using configuration. You can however replace the create project dialog using a custom action: https://help.ftrack.com/en/articles/1040523-configuring-server-options#override-the-default-create-project-behavior It is technically possible to build a custom create project dialog using the default as a base, as that is open source. Regards, Johan
  19. Hi @John, encode_media does not currently support image sequences, only singe image or movies . you can find more information about this method here hope it helps. L.
  20. Hi @Konstantin Maslyuk yes we are currently working on that repository for some upcoming features on integrations, but is far from being usable. Regarding your note on the QApplication is something we'll also be looking into as soon as its more stable. Stay tuned L.
  21. Hi Paulo, North Star shouldn't be added to the project in that way (because of the role). But should get access to the project when tasks are assigned to that account. If you assign a task to this account, do you see it in the list of people on the project? When you assign/unassign tasks to this account, do you get notifications? Regards, Johan
  22. Hi Jen, Welcome to the forum. Could you please verify if you are logged in to Connect on multiple machines using the same account? Both Mac and Windows? Regards, Johan
  23. Oh...ok. Thank you for the reply. Paulo
  24. Hi I need sort the changed dates of statuses. Whats expression nescessary to make a custom atribute for show the changed dates of statuses? I thing make something like uploadep picture. Regards.
  25. Hey there any news on this one? Is it possible to customise the default dialogue or is the only solution to build a custom version from scratch and override the default one with the layouts?
  26. Hello, any one has any clue?
  27. John

Querying custom attributes

Thanks Julian! It works now.
  28. I've written a custom location plugin for ftrack-connect and the 'real' paths to file components show up correctly in the ftrack UI. I can also use the 'Open Directory' action successfully, etc. My issue stems from publishing a version in Photoshop. The publish appears to fail (see attached), but the file is created in the correct place and the ftrack UI shows the new version and its corresponding component. If it didn't actually fail (from a practical standpoint), why am I getting this error? The other thing to note is that I'm on a Windows 10 system, so the listed components configuration location is correct, but for some reason ftrack-connect wants it to be at a macOS location instead. The ftrack-connect logs don't show an error, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.
  1. Load more activity