All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hi Christophe, Yes, we are working on enhancements to the internal review as well. Regards, Johan
  3. Download 1.2.2 Changes: Allow Open of asset along with Import and Reference (to retain render settings) Allow Alembic to be imported as reference Fix fbx export under windows Install integration as plugin: 1) remove previous plugin from either connect plugins or connect resources. 2) download the new version from the above link 2) decompress the zip in the FTRACK_CONNECT_PLUGIN_PATH 3) restart connect If there's any problem please let us know! L.
  4. Last week
  5. This would be very handy in order to have a cleaner view of the infos of an asset. Can we move this post into a feature request?
  6. Hi, we are in the process of integrating ftrack and we found some drawbacks and to try to solve those we have some specific questions that we would love if somebody could answer. We know this is more specific to Royal Render itself, but maybe somebody did integrate Royal Render already with ftrack: 1. Retrieving a job ID when submitting with rrSubmitter Is it posible? We are not sure it is, but when submitting with "rrSubmitter.exe" the commands exit with code 0 and there is no output in stdout or stderr. This way it isn't possible for us to submit dependent jobs while also allowing users to edit settings such as machine limits and such. ###### Possible workaround Create our own submitter that generates the .xml and uses "rrSubmitterConsole.exe" to submit it. This way the job ID can be parsed ("rrSubmitterConsole.exe" does produce output). But this is basically re-inventing the wheel and we would love to avoid it. 2. Are there any updated python API docs? So far we've only found some examples mentioned on the docs but they seem to be outdated and fail continuously. ```Traceback (most recent call last): File "\\WORKSTATION\royalrender\SDK\External\Python\pyJobList_loop.py", line 102, in <module> findJobID= getNPrintJobs(findJobID) File "\\WORKSTATION\royalrender\SDK\External\Python\pyJobList_loop.py", line 89, in getNPrintJobs wasUpdated= jobs.getJobUpdatedTime(findJobID) > lastUpdateTime AttributeError: '_rrTCPjobList' object has no attribute 'getJobUpdatedTime'``` ```Traceback (most recent call last): File "\\WORKSTATION\royalrender\SDK\External\Python\pyJobList_loop.py", line 58, in <module> if not tcp.connectAndAuthorize(): AttributeError: '_rrTCP' object has no attribute 'connectAndAuthorize'``` 3. Does RR have events? We would require to run some functions when a job is deleted, but we can't seem to find any event that is not the pre/post scripts. Thank you in advance!
  7. Thanks for your insightful answer! I'll have a try and bump this thread up if there's further question!
  8. Hi, Do you plan to upgrade the actual web player review tool? This tool is soooo far from the actual Client Review tool... It will be awesome to have the same features for internal review on shots like it's possible in a client session. Regards, Christophe
  9. Earlier
  10. Hi @John Su, sure you can ! just extract the given script (or download it directly from here ) and drop it in a folder mapped in a FTRACK_EVENT_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable. When the session start will look into that variable to see if there's any plugin to be discovered and run. I'd suggest having one folder on a shared server folder mapped so you can simply drop events in there. Hope it helps. If you need any further help just let us know ! L.
  11. JPrydz

Authenticate a user

Hi John, I transfered this to the Support channel. Need some more information on what you want to do. Will continue there. Regards, Johan
  12. Hi Alex, I transfered this into the Support channel. Sent you an update from there. Regards, Johan
  13. Installing and testing the api in Blender Go to the blender's python folder (blender <version>/<version>/python/bin/) Ensure pip is installed with: ./Python3.7m -m ensurepip Install the api using pip: ./pip3 install git+https://bitbucket.org/ftrack/ftrack-python-api.git@backlog/ftrack-python-api-compatibility-with-python-3 Launch Blender and open Python Console to test the api
  14. @sconlogue@czarnowski.com we have the same problem over here, have you ever found a solution
  15. Thanks Lorenzo, it works after launching ftrack connect(don't know it has to be with connect before). Is there anyway I can get it work without ftrack-connect? We've wrapped all the publish/actions launcher entrace so except for this we don't need ftrack-connect. It would be great if there's a way we can do it without ftrack-connect. Cheers.
  16. thanks a lot, that makes sense!
  17. Hi @TTT there's no need to install it locally to each machine. This event can be easily hosted on a central network folder and mapped into the FTRACK_CONNECT_PLUGIN_PATH Hope it helps. L.
  18. Hi @John Su, the path is resolved through an event available in ftrack_connect itself and called resolve.py If the path is red is possible that your structure cannot be properly initialised and hence not be resolved. You can try adding more logs into the resolve.py and see if anything is off. Please send us , either here or through support (depending on how sensible the information are) and we'll look further into it. Hope it helps. Cheers. L.
  19. It's worth mentioning that the path is 100% available by "location.get_component_availability()" even though it's red.
  20. Hi Marcell, The possibility to add attachments to the notes is not present, at the moment, in the new Review interface.If you need this, there's a possibility to switch back to earlier Review, in System Settings/Review/Settings.The possibility to attach will make it into new Review as well.Can't say exactly when, but will do my best to update here when we have more information. Regards, Johan
  21. Hi Chris, Thanks for your input. We do have a feature request for this here: https://trello.com/c/wOZVKZED/53-sequence-review Unless you already have voted, please do. Is it ok if I add your feedback to the request? Regards, Johan
  22. Hello, I just attached a file as a component to a version but it shows up red in the browser. I did some googling and found this thread: forum.ftrack.com/topic/167-location-path-is-red/ But it doesn't solve my problem. The structure I used can be reproduced using: (Sorry the real code is inside intranet I have no way to bring it out): class ConfigurationiStructure(StandardStructure): def _get_parts(self, component): return ['play', 'asset_a', 'v003'] And the way I'm using the structure is, location.structure = ConfigurationStructure() version.create_component( r'd:\test_upload.jpg', {'name': 'ftrackreview-image'}, location=location ) Also I noticed that when I click Review button in the component, the review page shows up but with an error "A server error occurred. Please try again or contact support.” and it fails to load any media. Any help would be appreciated
  23. Invited! Regards, Johan
  24. We're currently using a custom number attribute for FPS but during our latest project we noticed that the number attribute type seems to round of the amount of decimal points to 2 which caused some issues for us as the project was running at 23.976 FPS and fTrack rounded it of to 23.98 FPS. Is there a reason for the limit of 2 decimal points and is there a way around that without having to switch to a text type attribute? If we have to switch our FPS attribute to a text type will it keep the values it had for all existing and old projects or will it be erased/reset?
  25. Hi John, No problems. Thanks for updating. Regards, Johan
  26. Could I have an invite please? andreas@artjail.com Thanks!
  27. It would be most useful to be able to have clips plays through when loaded into the client review the same as in Web Player. An option to move to next clip in options drop down, so would have: loop, single play and play next.
  28. Hi Phil, Thanks for your feedback. We are looking at enhancements on this. I have added your input to the request. Regards, Johan
  1. Load more activity