All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hello, Is there any way to customize the file pattern ftrack store the version components? For example currently the pattern for my shot is project_dir/eps/shot/task/version but how do I change it to this form? project_dir/shot/task/version Cheers.
  3. Hello, Sorry if this has been requested before. It looks like the "Generate report" in client review doesn't support unicode (such as Chinese character) atm. Cheers. John
  4. Last week
  5. Hi, being able to change task color in the overview would be indeed really useful. We would like to be able to display task using task types color instead of project colors. Right now, the overview is quitte hard to read on a project that contains lots of small tasks.
  6. Hi, Project breakdown and User breakdown or showing different results. The issue is apparently in the User breakdown view. Here is the Project breakdown view for Daniel. Daniel did not work on the project labelled PROJECT in April. Project breakdown is showing correct results. But on the User breakdown view, when only PROJECT is selected, all hours logged by Daniel appears.
  7. Hello, After installing ftrack connect I failed to find applications except Maya. And after some digging work I found it seems that the application searching path is hardcoded to under "C:\"(ftrack-connect/common.zip/ftrack_connect/application.py:115 connect version: 1.1.7/1.1.1). As considerable amount of windows user will install their DLC to "D:\", it would be necessary to have the searching rule customizable. Cheers. John
  8. +1 We have so many projects running at the same time that someone might work on the same task on Monday and Friday, but on a different task the rest of the week. Right now we can't plan accordingly or we need to create multiple tasks to reflect the reality. This feature was requested multiple times by our projects managers and producers.
  9. Hi, Thanks for the feedback. We have made enhancements to this area in the product ftrack Review and these enhancements will also be available in upcoming release of Studio. You should be able to clear pending annotations and remove any attached annotation before posting the note. This is done by pressing the trash can in the annotation toolbar in internal review, in client review press the undo/reset annotation icon. You can find current keyboard shortcuts here: https://help.ftrack.com/using-ftrack-studio/reviews/using-client-review-sessions Regards, Johan
  10. Hi Ozen, Thanks for your question. It's not that uncommon that there's a template project in place. So you can simply copy/paste objects from one project to another. As long as the schema for both projects are compliant. Hope this helps! Regards, Johan
  11. Hi Phil, Ok, sorry if I misunderstood. When you look at the Gantt chart you will see the progress of each tasks logged time. In purple, turning to red in case "Worked hours" exceeds "Bid hours". You can also switch to see the status of each tasks by choosing "Progress/Status" in overlays. Hope this helps. Regards, Johan
  12. Earlier
  13. I receive a lot of Ftrack emails for shots that I look through every morning. But I am never sure what the notes are referring to because it doesn't list the category that the note was made under. Example I had an email for a shot that moved from In Progress to Pending Review, so I clicked the link on the email and then I found out it was for Tracking not for Compositing which is what I am supervising so the email was not for me and I could have dismissed it like dozens of other emails. It would be great if we could get the category listed and it will save me a lot of back and forth.
  14. We’re pleased to announce that ftrack is exhibiting at SIGGRAPH 2019 this 28 July-1 August at the Los Angeles Convention Center. For over 40 years, SIGGRAPH has stood as the world’s largest annual conference on computer graphics. From the latest visual effects and animation technology to VR and game design, SIGGRAPH 2019 offers courses, talks and panels that make for a crash course in the latest research and techniques. Get free entry to SIGGRAPH 2019 We’re also excited to share our free entry code to SIGGRAPH 2019: ftrack19. To register for a free entry pass to the largest computer graphics conference in the world, simply use the code ftrack19 when registering for a “non-member” account. Feel free to share the code with colleagues and friends to gain free entry to SIGGRAPH 2019! We’ll be available for meetings throughout SIGGRAPH 2019. We’d love to meet up to chat about ftrack Studio and ftrack Review and where we’re taking the product next. If you’d like to schedule a meeting with the ftrack team at SIGGRAPH 2019, please get in touch to arrange a time. Learn more about ftrack @ SIGGRAPH
  15. Hi Guys, We would like to create a TEMPLATE project with 1 sequence, 1 character, 1 set and 1 vehicle that could then be used to duplicate into new projects that are started. This would not need to refer or link back to the original template once duplicated and renamed. This would be helpful for us to have all projects start with the same basics and naming conventions. I have talked to our development team and they said this is not possible. Is there a way to make this work that they are not thinking of, or could this be feature added in the future? Thank you!
  16. Invited! Regards, Johan
  17. Hi Julia, This is still of interest, but has not been implemented yet. Regards, Johan
  18. Hi Johan, This widget doesn't really apply. What I'm talking about is more about scheduling and adjusting a schedule based on projections and current progress. The burndown seems to be just another way of seeing how many bid hours are left, as opposed to where we are in relativity to the deadline and how we should be reacting (e.g, larger crew size to reach deadline, on track, etc.) -Phil F
  19. Can I get an invite please. steven.king@touchsurgery.com
  20. Hi @JPrydz thanks for the quick answer. The new Overview looks a bit different and the left panel (with the sequences, shots, etc) is missing. So for example you can not just select a sequence and get the tasks and milestones only from that sequence. Another issue is that the dashboard will display the tasks and milestones from all the projects. A way is to manually exclude all the projects which we are not interested. (It seems that it's also a bug as it displays the tasks from excluded projects as well. Ftrack version: 4.1.5.4750) Best, Remus
  21. Hi, Thanks for sending this in. That's not expected behaviour, so I have reported this as a bug. Regards, Johan
  22. Hi Phil, Could the "Tasks burndown" widget help you out? Or maybe one of the other widgets? Please have a look at this document: https://help.ftrack.com/using-ftrack-studio/the-basics/using-custom-dashboards Regards, Johan
  23. Hi Remus, Yes, you should be able to this on Overview tab. Create a "Cross-project view", set a name and choose Object as type. You can then add "Object type" and filter on that. Hope this helps. Regards, Johan
  24. Hi, That message sounds like a problem resolving the hostname of the ftrack instance. I will transfer this to the support channel and update you there. Regards, Johan
  25. Our studio is starting to use the Ftrack Web Player to review shots and create notes and we are running into quite a few issues that I am hoping someone can help resolve. Need the ability to write text on reviewed image A lot of frames that we review have multiple issues so I circle and notate everything on one frame (as most people do). If we have to only one circle on one image and then write a note in the notes tab and post it I will have 20+ notes instead of one condensed note for the entire shot version. That will get very confusion and information will get lost. Hand writing on images gets very messy and is impossible if you are reviewing on a laptop without a wacom pen. Need the ability to load multiple plates and wipe between them One of the most important ways to review a shot is to compare it to the original image. We need the ability to load the background plate and the latest comp and have the ability to: wipe between them difference matte between images gamma and expose up and down cycle through the R,G, and B channels. All basic tools that everyone uses to review any work. An eraser tool and undo Once I have marked and image and its incorrect, there is no way to erase a marking or undo a last action. The only way to get rid of it is to exit edit mode and delete the image and start again. Which leads me to my next point. If you delete one image all images get deleted If I have reviewed multiple images on the same shot and then go to delete one of the many images it deletes ALL of the images I have worked on and I then have to begin my review all over again. So in summary if I make one mistake on noting one image at any point there is absolutely no way to fix it unless you delete everything and start all over again. Or just let the mistake exist in the noted image, this has to be fixed. Add hotkeys for zoom in and zoom out Something simple like using the +/- key to zoom in and out. Would also be helpful to have hotkeys for any of the other editing tools as well Ability to load in LUTs As a company we work in Linear colorspace which makes it impossible to review. Currently we have to render out two separate versions of the shot to publish to Ftrack so that we can review it. It would be great if basic LUTs like rec709 would be an available option in Ftrack It would also be beneficial if studios had the ability to upload on a per shot basis their own LUTs because we do work with a studio specific LUT. I think the Ftrack review will be extremely helpful in our pipeline and would love to start using it as soon as possible but we really need to see some of these changes first. Currently it is more work to use it than it is for us to bring it into another software review and write out stills and upload them. Which is a long and tedious process that I would love to move past. Thank you for any assistance you can give.
  26. Just tried to sign in with the https:// and I got an error message: Sign in failed! net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
  27. Hello, I have noticed a bug in how things are sorted on the Versions page. At the moment when I sort by "Version Link" if the name is the same it sorts the numbers by the last digit and not the number is represents. so if the version number is 10 is will be listed as before 09 because the 0 comes before the 9. I have attached an example.
  28. Hello! In order to visually see the progress of a project in relativity to its' bid or estimate, I think having two bars (as opposed to the one start-end date bar on the gantt per task) on the gantt would be useful. Perhaps the estimate being more transparent than the actual. Right now, you have to cross-reference a lot of info to see how things are going (bid hours, worked hours, shot info, etc). In order for this feature to be useful it needs to be simple to look at at one instance. Also, I think Ftrack could have the capability to use predefined bid hours on tasks to estimate the necessary crew size for a project based on deadlines. It would be an extremely useful feature for production management. Just an idea for now, but if there are ways to achieve this currently let me know! Thanks, -Phil
  1. Load more activity