All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Last week
  2. Hej Henryk, I think this is what you are looking for: https://github.com/ftrackhq/ftrack-web-widget/blob/main/src/ftrackWidget.ts#L86 Hope that helps!
  3. Hej, Is there an js event i can send from my custom widget for ftrack to close the action window again? I have an action wich opens as custom widget to upload an excel file and would like to close the action after. I'm done without the user having to click the 'x' in the actions top corner.
  4. Earlier
  5. Hi Seymour thanks for flagging this. I have passed it onto the integrations team to take a look. in the future anything that you consider to be a bug report writing into support directly is the best course of action. support@ftrack.com
  6. It seems that Python's "open" command is not available when Maya is launched with Ftrack Connect. Any scripts that need access to files can no longer work. open # Result: <module 'ftrack_connect_pipeline_maya.client.open' from .... ....\\connect\\ftrack-connect-pipeline-maya-1.2.0\\dependencies\\ftrack_connect_pipeline_maya\\client\\open.py'>
  7. Same! Any update? It's really frustrating that it pauses the videos when you are trying to take notes in the player. There needs to be a playlist notes page that can sit outside the media player.
  8. Hi J. you need to submit a support request and we can help you recover that.
  9. Hey there, A client review that had comments and feedback in the review was accidentally deleted. Is there any way to recover this review? Please advise. Thanks!
  10. Is there a job board or something similar if we are looking for vfx producers that are familiar with ftrack?
  11. Is there a way to have a Gantt chart set up that shows percentage of project completion by shot?
  12. Hi! I've created several milestones for different shots. I've linked the shots as incoming to the milestone. When I'm in the project view and I select 'Group by Milestone' - it only shows me the individual milestones. Is there a way to have it have a drop down to see the shots/tasks linked to the milestone? I'm think the milestones need to individual set up within the shot (and if so how to a create milestones for multiple shots)? Thank you!
  13. Thank you! I'll give it a go!
  14. Hey Nora - just uncheck the 'Enable account' checkbox when creating a user, and the user will be available as a dummy assignee/user. Hope this helps!
  15. @Benn So that would be a no? The video only allows you to plan against resources that are registered 'Users'
  16. Hey @Nora Please use this link to help in planning your project needs: https://help.ftrack.com/en/articles/5516695-2-1-introduction-to-planning-projects-with-resources At ftrack studio we recommend using events in the Overview schedulers to find out the resource requirements across your different departments. Hope this helps and looking forward to hearing how you progress.
  17. Hi! Is there a way to create assignees for tasks that don't exist as users? I'm trying to plan out how many people I need for a project - so I need to see how many 'individual' assignees I need. Thank you!
  18. Hello, I can't seem to find basic documentation as to where does a Python file with the Action code need to be located for Ftrack to pick it up. Does it depend on Connect?
  19. I support Chloe's request about default value as hours a previous discussion about being able to to modify time logs by others if needed (producers and supervisors). Also I'd like to have possibility to log time to any tasks, not just personal assigned tasks. If a person works in quick commercial projects that might have not so exact task assignments per person, then it is impossible to log time unless producer/supervisor/coordinator assigns the task for time log. It's better to allow time log rather than wait next day until assignment if done correctly and then log time. I am aware that this might cause sometimes mistakes of logging to wrong tasks, but less restrictive would be better.
  20. Definintely a step towards the solution. Unfortunatelly, didn't work in my case although the error message changed from "position 17" to "position 19"... I even tried to replace the above mentioned line with #!/usr/bin/python instead of just removing it, with no success either...
  21. Currently in Maya when I publish an asset via Ftrack Connect the Publisher makes a name for the animation asset as "anim" (which is I assume a code for animation which can be set in settings). What I want is to make the default name for animation asset a task name. How can I do this?
  22. hi ! Ftrack connect each run always sticks to the same specific task. I don't know what criteria it uses. I have to change context each time I start it. Is it possible to make ftrack connect to remember the last task used and use it as default next time when ftrack connect starts
  23. Hello, I'm writing an event plugin that when a task status is changed the shot status will match. It works on the first change however if you change it to something else it still gets the original status. For example.... Change animation from "on hold" to "in progress" will change the status of the shot to "in progress". Change it to "approved" it will still set it as "in progress". Is there something that can be done to get the updated status? This is my code: def cascade_status_changes_event_listener(session, event): '''Handle *event*.''' user_id = event['source'].get('user', {}).get('id', None) status_changed = False entities = event['data'].get('entities', []) for entity in entities: entity_id = entity['entityId'] shot = session.query( 'select status_id, status.name from Shot ' 'where children any (id is "{0}")'.format(entity_id) ).first() if shot: # get the task name that its been set to query = f'Task where id is {entity_id}' task = session.query(query).one() task_status_name = task['status']['name'] project = shot['project'] schema = project["project_schema"] shot_statuses = schema.get_statuses(schema='Shot') for status in shot_statuses: if status['name'] == task_status_name: shot['status_id'] = status["id"] status_changed = True break else: logger.info('No shot found, ignoring update') if not status_changed: return # Persist changes try: session.commit() except Exception: logger.exception('Failed to update status') # Since we failed to synchronize our changes with the server, revert # our state to match what was on the server when we started. session.rollback() raise Thanks!
  24. Possibility to create folders in single client review session would be useful for us also. Simple addition in review session like in Alberto's mockup would do it.
  25. hey there it would be great if the tab name of the player that opens when you open a review session also had the name of the session. greets
  26. Hello, An invitation would be appreciated. Please. hachemizadeh@gmail.com
  27. When I am publishing the version with Maya Game Animation publisher I get the file with the name /version/game.fbx What I want is to rename game.fbx to version/[asset_name].fbx How can I do that?
  1. Load more activity