ftrack API mock

mottosso

Hi ftrack,

I'm looking to setup continuous integration for software involving ftrack, and was wondering whether there could be, or already is, a mock for the API? Something I could run locally and send requests to, with fairly relevant responses, without requiring access to your cloud-based infrastructure and login credentials. That way, I could build unit-tests that run automatically on other cloud-based services, such as Travis-CI and AppVeyor.

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back, Mattias.

Would there be interest in building such a mock? I've ran into the need for something like this a few times now and would build one for myself regardless, but perhaps it could be worth strengthening unit-testability of software built on-top of ftrack overall?

I'm picturing a mock that simulates a small project, with a few fixed assets and shots, such that most rudimentary queries work. Let's say the goal is having a GUI, such as a minimal asset browser, to run on-top of it without noticing a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2016 at 11:24 PM, mottosso said:

For completeness, I'll consider the silence as a "no".

I'm sorry that I went quiet on you, I somehow missed you replying on this thread!

OT: I can definitely see the usefulness of this but at the moment it is not a priority on our side. I will let you know if this changes. Please let us know if you ever find the time to start on a general purpose/open source mock yourself!

Archived