Uploading Folders as Components (or other alternative)

Evan Hale

Hello!

We work with a lot of harmony scenes for our projects. Harmony scenes are directories made up of many files and subdirectories. We are running an on prem version of ftrack. Currently, we upload the location of the xstage (XML file that refers to the rest of the files) to an ftrack location using the disk accessor. This places all the xstages in the same directory, which mirrors the hierarchy in ftrack (Episode folder -> Act folder -> Scene folder -> Shot folder ->  Task folder -> versions for example). We then use a script to copy the rest of the content in the harmony scene directory to this directory. Recently having multiple versions of a harmony scene in the same directory has been causing issues in Harmony so we would like to change the structure. We would like to have each harmony scene version uploaded to ftrack exist in a separate directory than previous versions. 

So for example, instead of having:

• Task Directory
    • Version 1 xstage
    • Version 2 xstage
    • All supplemental harmony files...

We would like to have:

• Task Direcory
    • Version 1 Directory
      • Version 1 xstage
      • Supplemental harmony files...
    • Version 2 Directory
      • Version 2 xstage
      • Supplemental harmony files...

However, I don't believe I can import a directory as a component to ftrack, only a single file. Is it possible to circumvent this, or even more ideal modify my location to copy the entire harmony scene directory to the location but have the ftrack component point only to the xstage inside. 

I realize this is rather technical, apologies!

Thanks!