Ftp upload file by task status?

Alberto GZ

Would be possible configure ftrack to upload files by ftp in a specified folder for each shot entry, when a specific task status will be change to "Aproved"?

In mind scheme:

1.Custom field with path for final renders of current project.

2.Custom field for final render filenane, getting this from shotname.

3.Task Post-production as upload controller. When his status is changed to "aproved",then executed a script which get path+filename and connect to ftpserver to send the file.

Some tutorial about this? Steps how to connect Ftrack with local storage, accessing local (read/write) files, etc.

Scripting for extends Ftrack functions should be only in Python?

A script.py located under Python.framework path and called from Ftrack action is executed? How is defined action callback name in the .py?

Actions (and other events) are triggering notifications in the event system. You can use Python and the API to connect to the event system and wait for events. Once events are raised you can react as needed. So in this case you would be waiting for an update type event, check if it is the kind of event you want to react to (change of status) and if it is grab the files, or trigger a bash script to do so.

Here is a bit of information: http://api.ftrack.com/developing/events/index.html

There is also a forum post with some details if i recall right.

Cheers,

Thorsten

I'm playing with locations and his concept may be can be useful to my purpose.

Before I was thinking about the idea of status change be listen by events and launch a external script to make uploading files by ftp.

Now, a new window is open for me with locations. However I have a lot of questions after attempt to set up locations.

First, theorically, if I have defined a location with a target ftp server, with a ftp accessor I could send file to this location when status change? In this case no would needed call a external script (for instance, bash script open ftp connection and get ftrack vars, build path, send file...)

Well, my first test, setting up a location for a localdisk with examples in the ftrack documentation was frustation for me.

I think is very hard for not developer mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived