review feature ideas

Tilt

Hi,

the client review portal is really cool. I think it's great to split those comments off from access to the real database, but when we transfer those client comments to actual ftrack notes, there are some obstacles (or maybe I just overlooked something?):

• There seems to be no way to get from the review player (not the portal but the thumbnails you reach by clicking in the left frame where the lists are) to the actual shots. You need to press "Q" and search for a shot number. It would be cool to be able to click the shot name in that view to open its panel.
  • Copy&pasting comments from clients into ftrack notes is easy via the PDF report but how can we transfer annotated frames?

Maybe there could be a button that merged all comments of a clip from the client review portal into an ftrack note. It would attach all annotated thumbnails and allow for some final editing (for example to condense a discussion or insert bullet point lists) before adding the note to the corresponding asset version.

Hi,

Currently there's no way but I agree this should be added. I have added this as a feature request.

You can't in this version. However, there are ideas and discussions going on to make it possible to transfer client notes including annotated frames into ftrack like in the way you describe.

Thanks for your feedback,

Mattias

Hi,

Currently there's no way but I agree this should be added. I have added this as a feature request.

You can't in this version. However, there are ideas and discussions going on to make it possible to transfer client notes including annotated frames into ftrack like in the way you describe.

Thanks for your feedback,

Mattias

thank you! that sounds awesome.

• 2 months later...

Hey.

First of all, client reviews look great and really foolproof, however there are couple of things we'd really appreciate. 

1. Possibility for client to display a 'thumbnail view' of all the items. Pretty much what it looks like when managing client reviews. When you click on a thumbnail, it opens overlay with big version and comments for it.

2. Scrolling in the list of items. Currently if we put 15-20 items in the list, there is no way to get to the last one without clicking through them. (There often situations where client doesn't have time to go through everything, but we need one particular item from the list approved asap, so we'd like him to be able to quickly scroll and find the right one)

3. Name of the item on the items that are not highlighted (doesn't need task and version, just shot or asset) . Again so it's easier to find specific thing.

4. Way to make reviews read only.

Use case: Client wants to have access to previous review sessions for reference or whatever reason. However we'd like to be able to lock the comments and approval status of already processed list, so he's not tempted to add extra details or comments on approved shots.

Use case 2: Client review would be perfect tool to present progress on a project in a quick way to, let's say investor, or simply someone who shouldn't be able to comment at all. If we could create a client review without the possibility of actually reviewing, it would expand the usage of this tool tremendously.

Archived