email reminders - minimum time?

keyframe

It seems that ftrack wants to send reminders when a user has logged less then 8 hours(i'm assuming this is the quantity specificied in the workday length field).

Is it possible to set the minimum time required to send a reminder without affecting the 'workday length -> hours' exchange rate?

G

14 hours ago, keyframe said:

It seems that ftrack wants to send reminders when a user has logged less then 8 hours(i'm assuming this is the quantity specificied in the workday length field).

Is it possible to set the minimum time required to send a reminder without affecting the 'workday length -> hours' exchange rate?

Yes, correct - it will send out if the logged time is < than the workday length. I'm afraid there is no option to set it different from the workday length.

Are there other repercussions to changing the workday length that I might not be thinking of?

if I set the workday length to 1 hour, will anything else untoward happen other then the 1d unit in timesheets?

I'd love to RFE the reminder emails minimum option... reason being is that artist are leery of logging a day of less then 8 hours, even though they might only be working on a tasked job for 2 of those numbers.  They instead end up filling in an 8 hour day on a 2 hour task in lieu of anything else, which makes it difficult to distinguish a non-profitable job from a sales deficiency...

There is a certain "big-brotherness" to these warning emails and timesheets in general, and we all know that usartists can be a sensitive lot ;) 

Thoughts?

G

There are a few things that depend on the work day length like forecast in Overview, and Bid estimate if you switch between days and hours settings. 

On 26/02/2018 at 6:47 PM, keyframe said:

There is a certain "big-brotherness" to these warning emails and timesheets in general, and we all know that usartists can be a sensitive lot ;) 

Yes, some customers are not comfortable with these automatic reminders so you can always turn them off and use reports to see if you should remind someone "manually".

Archived