in-task checklists

mitch.s

On 8/23/2022 at 10:58 AM, Andrew Lawrence said:

Hi @Amy Baldwin
Thanks so much for elaborating on this, it's great to see your use case and that makes total sense. It seems like a solution then within markdown of the note body could work here since you want to keep that within the note itself. That said, if we do this within markdown there would be no permission checks / histroy, so a more official checklist implementation (a la Clickup / Notion) would be better.

I've scoped out this request internally with our team, and thanks so much for helping to contribute to that. While I can't give an exact ETA at this time don't hesitate to reach out to our team if you'd like to discuss this in more detail for your specific needs. 

Cheers,

Andrew

Hello @Andrew Lawrence,  is there any update on this subtask via imbedded todo/task box list feature available yet?     ... I was going to request this very important feature as well for my teams (spread out over 3 countries).  I was hoping after reading through the long history (over the years) that a solution would be available. 

*Really, the team is pushing to go back to other solutions (or even Excel tracking) and I hope that it won't be necessary.

Hi @Diego

Thanks for the update here and for your continued support of this feature. We, unfortunately, don't have an update on an ETA here. It is something still under consideration but isn't something that has risen to the top in terms of priority. I will make sure we add you and you your teams support to our internal request here. 

I do apologies that I'm not able to provide a more concise update here, but please don't hesitate to reach out down the line to see where we are with this.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Cheers,
Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

In our case, a checklist within a note would be a major gain in useability.
especially when it comes to structuring a task into modules that you want to check individually, which is currently the case for us, this would be great.

we are currently using notes in the task with the "mark as completed" checker in ftrack. in total, there are already over 60 notes in the task.
with a checklist for notes, we could reduce this number to 7 notes.