Task Templates that can Create Objects (Folders, Task Groups etc.)

Jack

Subtasks are a requested feature, but one workaround for us has been to create a Task Group object and treat that as a task, and it contains Tasks (that play the role of subtasks).

However, when we want to create Task Templates, we can't include other objects such as Folders/TaskGroups in these templates.

TaskGroups.png

The feature request is to:      include objects in Task Templates,   AND   have the ability to make the Tasks subjects of such Folders/Objects

This would make the replication of common tasks / workflows a lot easier and more organized. As presently, have to create the Task Groups and Folders manually.

Thanks,
Jack

Hi Jack, thank you for this request!

The task templates today are quite basic and an addition like this makes sense. I think we already have similar feature requests so I will go ahead and update them with your use-case.

As a possible workaround (if you have developers at the studio) I would suggest looking into our Actions framework. It could be used to write custom things like more advanced templates and still have them feel native to ftrack.

Archived