Transfer notes to another shot

deex

Hi,

With commercial projects, generally (90%), the client want to see the global edit (for the review), and not shot by shot for a commercial.

Problem : at the end, when we want to transfer all notes, these notes a linked to the 'edit task'. But what we want is to relink all notes, note by note, for each shot.

It is possible to do this please ?

Currently we loose a lot of time to copy/past/re-write all notes for each shot. The "transfer function" is useless for us because we cant choose where to add the notes.

Thank you,

Damien

Hi Damien,

Thank you for the feedback.

As you say it is currently only possible to transfer the notes to the task or the version itself. Being able to select more specific is not available at the moment.

When transferring, you want the note to end up on the parent shot instead? I'll add an internal ticket to investigate this more.

If you have some python knowledge this could be done using our Actions API. This would need to be done as a post step to transferring and would still require you to run the Action but it would remove some manual steps of copy and pasting.

Let me know what you think. 

Regards,

Carl

Hi,

Thank for the answer.

I don't want to transfer the note to the "parent shot", but randomly where i want.

For example we created a task "edit" on a sequence 'SEQ01'.

The client does a review of a version from this task 'edit'.

At the end, we want to transfer all notes to shots. We want the possibility to choose what task or shot or something we want to transfer note. They is no parents or children, this is random and we want to choose.

About Action, yes i will think about this...

Thank you,

Damien

• 6 months later...

Archived