1 big review movie

Flint

Hi,  Quite often I have a problem when it comes to review things. Most of my job advert post. So I have 10-30 shots per Sequence. I set up all the people to different tasks, they finish their work and all usually goes to 1 comp station to get everything in 1 sequence. So the final output is 1 qucktime for review, All previous stages are pure DPX sequences. Now here comes the problem for me. Since I'ts easier and a lot faster we never create 1 quicktime per shot, some people doing the job don't even have the tools to do that. So I upload 1 long QT and review it - the problem is that the notes are not going to correct tasks. Is there any way that I can move notes from 1 dummy task that I create - for example - REVIEW_DATE, to corresponding tasks with images done in review ? 

That would help a lot. 

• 1 month later...

Was thinking about this also.

We do 90% of the time fast turnaround commercials and the client want to view the whole commercial in 1 go. not shot by shot. (unless it's a full cg hero shot)

so if we could have a simple splitting of the comments so thye match the shots (maybe even based on a edl or even manual input what shot goes with a framerange) this would be awesome and a big time saver.

cheers

|Robert

• 2 months later...

Yeah we experience the same problem, I was thinking of a tagging solution. Each comment has the ability to tag a shot that you have created in ftrack. I don't think it would be a problem that it doesn't go to task level as a lot of comments relate to all Artists or at least they should be aware of all comments for each shot.

Archived