Get all objects from User Groups

Nebukadhezer

Hey 

I was wondering if one can get all Tasks/Versions etc by a group name if any assignee is in that group...

GROUP_NAME = "Ape"
test = session.query("AssetVersion where task.assignments.resource.memberships.group.name is {}".format(GROUP_NAME)).one()

This results in a 

KeyError("Multiple schemas [u'Group', u'User'] found for relationship memberships.")

Can I narrow down that I only want type group ?

Cheers

Johannes

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've been trying to use casting with the `populate` command, but I can't find anything that works. Is it not supported or am I doing something wrong?

>>> shot = session.get('Shot', shot_id)
>>> session.populate(shot, 'children.status')
ServerError: Server reported error: KeyError("Multiple schemas [u'Project', u'TypedContext'] found for relationship u'status'.")

>>> session.populate(shot, 'children[Project].status')
>>> session.populate(shot, 'children[TypedContext].status')
ServerError: Server reported error: KeyError(u'children[Project]')

>>> session.populate(shot, 'children.status[Project]')
>>> session.populate(shot, 'children.status[TypedContext]')
ServerError: Server reported error: KeyError(u"No attribute u'status[Project]' exists for schema u'Context'."

Hey Peter,

What you're running in to is the fact that populate() constructs a query using that attribute string, and we don't support typecasting in a projection. see https://bitbucket.org/ftrack/ftrack-python-api/src/23f582cd146e71f871ba8a17da30c0ad831de836/source/ftrack_api/session.py#lines-1070
We do support passing a list, tuple or QueryResult, so my workaround would be something like the populate line in this snippet. The rest is just included to set up my example / test.

shot = session.query('select children from Shot where children is_not None').first()
session.populate(shot['children'][:], 'status')
with session.auto_populating(False):
    print(shot['children'][0]['name'])
    print(shot['children'][0]['status'])

I suppose the root cause of all this is that children maps to Contexts, which can include Projects, which themselves do not have statuses.