BUG - User and Project breakdown showing different amount of logged hours

Francois

Hi, 

Project breakdown and User breakdown or showing different results. The issue is apparently in the User breakdown view.

Here is the Project breakdown view for Daniel. Daniel did not work on the project labelled PROJECT in April. Project breakdown is showing correct results.

9bacebca9028e4641da719862042f972.md.png

But on the User breakdown view, when only PROJECT is selected, all hours logged by Daniel appears.  

2e49d71c76bb1674bd3d1b7e82ea4006.md.png

Hi Francois,

The User breakdown report will show time for accounts that are assigned to tasks on a project.
So in your example I assume that Daniel is assigned to tasks on "PROJECT", even though no time has been reported on that project in April?

Regards,
Johan

19 hours ago, JPrydz said:

So in your example I assume that Daniel is assigned to tasks on "PROJECT", even though no time has been reported on that project in April?

Yes, Daniel is assigned to tasks on "PROJECT". He indeed didn't work on "PROJECT" in April.

19 hours ago, JPrydz said:

The User breakdown report will show time for accounts that are assigned to tasks on a project.

So I may have misunderstood the use of the User breakdown report. Isn't the intention to show the amount of time worked by every users on the selected project only? Am I missing something here?

There is a filter that allows to select only users that have logged time, but this seems to take all projects into account and not to be limited to the selected project.

0a0b8be72786eb91b7e56ed2b8919617.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Francois,

Sorry for late update.
Yes, the way this works today is that you will see time for the account, independent of the project.
This is not really expected behaviour, so I have reported it to development.

Regards,
Johan