Default asset

Jamie Kenyon

I was wondering if its feasible to create a default asset that will be loaded by the Launch Maya Action?

For example:  a user chooses the Maya Action from ftrack-connect and it launches Maya, but there is no asset on disk, so we'd need to create a default .mb file with something in it.

After poking around the docs and ftrack-connect code, I'm thinking that perhaps the best way to achieve this would be to issue an event, for example, "my-custom-event". I'd have an event listener for this event and the handler could script the generation of the .mb file?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You could use something like this to find out whether a Maya file had ever been published for a given task. If not, this will raise a NoResultFoundError, so maybe you want to use all() and check the length instead.

components = session.query('Component where version.task_id is "{0}" and file_type in'

'(".ma", ".mb")'.format(

task_id)).one()

If you already have a Maya file on disk, you could publish with just the Python API:
http://ftrack.rtd.ftrack.com/en/3.3.7/developing/reviewing/publish_components_for_review.html

And maybe you want to modify ftrack_connect_maya_hook.py so that the publish happens before Maya even starts.
Otherwise you could modify userSetup.py to load your default file and optionally publish it to the current Task.

/Johan

Archived