Srequence asset publish.

ahogden

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to Ftrack so feel free to shoot me down if this is already possible, but I was just publishing a script which I want to reuse for several shots. So was wondering if it was possible to be able to publish a script or image sequence as an asset for that sequence. 

I couldn't see a way to do this through the Nuke ftrack plugin.

Ideally if I create a setup for a shot and we want to use it over a 15 shot  sequence it would be handy to be able to publish that for the sequence rather than to an individual shot . 

That way someone could instead of knowing exactly what shot was the "test" shot, just find the asset under the sequence and import.

thanks.

Hi,

it is possible to publish to any entity from the api, but in the nuke ftrack plugin it will currently require a task.

So if you have a sequence for example, you can create a task on that sequence. Then you can choose that task in the ftrack publish node and the image sequence will be published to the sequence the task in on.

From the import asset in nuke you can then browse to the sequence and import anything that is published from it.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers

Archived