Color code Task Columns for shot depts

Jarrett K

Hi, 

Would it be possible to color code Shot Dept task column headers so they're more visually distinct? Even just an off grey/black alternating color pattern would make it easier to separate each task column by task type visually. 

Asset Dept task columns do seem to be color coded, so I'm wondering if this could be pushed to all depts for easier visibility. 

Let me know if further explanation is needed. 

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jarrett,

Thanks for writing in, we'll be happy to help out here. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your Asset Dept Task columns that are color coded. Theres a few places where this could show up so just want to ensure we're on the same page.

You can also submit this to support@ftrack.com and we'll dig in for you 

Cheers,
Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Jarrett K

Thanks so much for the update there. Task column colours are based off the colour that is assigned to the task type, it shouldn't make a different whether those tasks are used for Shots or Assets. 

For example, the below screenshot shows the colour assigned to my animation task type reflected in the task column.

image.png

You mention the column headers themselves, is this what you'd like to apply some colour to (i.e the `Animation` header?). Column headers cannot currently be customised differently, however we assume that the columns being coloured themselves help to make them distinct.

Hope that helps to clarify, but do let me know if I've misunderstood the request here and we'll be happy to scope something out. if you have any further questions don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Cheers,
Andrew