Is it possible to restrict ftrack project hierarchies to a certain template?

mark.fin

Hey,

So I've just started evaluating ftrack, and was wondering if it's possible to restrict how project hierarchies are formed? I couldn't find anything quickly about it, so thought I'd ask. Essentially we want to make sure our studio conforms to a set way of setting up a project for consistency, and if the project structure can be ad-hocked, human error will cause the structure to be slightly different on each project... That's ok for humans most of the time, but trying to pipeline it will make the code more complex than it needs to be and introduce possible failure points.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi, I'm afraid that we do not have this feature built-in but it has been discussed in a few places on the forum, e.g. here: http://forum.ftrack.com/index.php?/topic/788-lock-system-for-entity-attribute/#comment-3256

The solution some studios has adopted is to setup an event listeners that either changes the name back to the previous name - or popups up a window for the user saying that they are not allowed to change the name.

Archived