Custom actions and integration

HYP_STGR

Hi!

I trying to learn how to make my own hooks/actions and i'm following this tutorial:

http://ftrack-connect.rtd.ftrack.com/en/stable/developing/tutorial/custom_applications.html

After creating a houdini hook the tutorial says i have to override some ftrack modules that,in my case, are zipped in C:\Program Files (x86)\ftrack-connect-package-0.6.2/common.zip. Thing is, i don't want to risk ovewritting the base code(especially because i'm just learning how it works) so my question is:  

is there a way to make a modified version of the default python scripts (like ftrack_connect.application.ApplicationStore for example) and how do i make the connect know that it should use my version instead of the default one?

thanks!

Hi

Thanks i was able to solve this problem. But i still don't understand how can i have my own version of your plugins. Let say i want to modify your nuke studio plugin without changing your code.  How do i register to connect that it should use my scripts(in some folder in my system) instead of yours(in ftrack_connect)?

Thanks.

This sort of depends on how you want to modify them. If you're only after adding extra features like a processor to publish something custom that can be done by writing a plugin: http://ftrack-connect-nuke-studio.rtd.ftrack.com/en/stable/developing/index.html

In other situations it may be a bit more involved and may require checking out our repositories or forking them. Is it anything in particular that you have in mind or just a general question?

Thanks that gave me some insight about actions. What i really need though is to understand how to integrate my plugins with ftrack connect.

For instance, i have a hiero plugin that i want to be load when users launch hiero/nuke studio from both connect and the site.

I'm following this page's example:

http://ftrack-connect.rtd.ftrack.com/en/latest/developing/tutorial/adding_a_location.html

i came up with this:

def my_callback(event):

environment = event['data']['options']['env']
    ftrack_connect.application.appendPath("<my-plugin-path>",'HIERO_PLUGIN_PATH',environment)

def register(session, **kw):
    '''Register action in Connect.'''

# Validate that session is an instance of ftrack_api.Session. If not, assume
    # that register is being called from an old or incompatible API and return
    # without doing anything.
    if not isinstance(session, ftrack_api.Session):
        return
    session.event_hub.subscribe('topic=ftrack.connect.application.launch',my_callback)

problem is, i need my plugin to know what entity launched hiero(My plugin needs to know what project it is working with for example) and i don't know how to send the context to my plugin. I know how  to create a new session and recently learned that you can call get_shared_session() from ftrack_connect.application which i believe give me the session that launched the program from connect but not the context.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks for the help.

Archived