Allowing Views to override Task Status colours

FranZ

When setting up a View for a project, is there a way to override the task status colour for a Project?

For example, say the facility has chosen a dark red (#D72C2C) for Not Started.  But on the project, the Supe wants it to be a different colour (say green #99DD00).
Is this possible to override in a view?

As the Administrator, I can add a new Status with a new colour and the same name (Not Started), but I would still need to add it to my schema (or create a new schema using the new colours).  Also (and I have a support ticket in for this), I don't have any way of organizing my Statuses on the Settings->Statuses page.  So if I have three "Not Started", they are just all in a list in the column with no indication of what project or group the status belongs to.

Similarly, is there a way for a Supe to create a new View that overrides the colours used by the scheme (the colours for the Types)?

Hi Fran, the colours are the same across each schema so they cannot be overridden per project/schema.

On 07/04/2017 at 9:58 AM, FranZ said:

As the Administrator, I can add a new Status with a new colour and the same name (Not Started), but I would still need to add it to my schema (or create a new schema using the new colours).  Also (and I have a support ticket in for this), I don't have any way of organizing my Statuses on the Settings->Statuses page.  So if I have three "Not Started", they are just all in a list in the column with no indication of what project or group the status belongs to.

Would it be enough to show for each status which workflow schemas they are part of?

The Supe really wanted the override.

However, as the Administrator, I am fine with having some way to tag the status with what schema it is part of.  Right now, I have a fake separator to split out the different statuses for the different scheme.  I would prefer having some tagging for the status so I know what goes with what. 

I've attached an image of the ftrack Statuses admin page as I currently have it configured.  I have two different sets of statuses for different types projects, plus a set of statuses for the Milestones.  I've put "Milestone" as an example tag.

ftrack_statuses_admin_page1.png

Yes, a separate "Used in Schema" column (or other indicator) would be helpful.  It is especially important when I need to update / re-arrange the Task Statuses.  Because the Names are the same, the only distinguishing feature is the color.  When I update the color for a particular status, it is important that I've picked the correct status to change.  Right now, the list is flat, and once I start dragging the Statuses around, it gets confusing pretty fast.

Archived