Filter over task by two conditions

Alberto GZ

I'd like to filter by two conditions over status for two tasks.

Something like this. Show me all where task1.status is Client Approved and where task2.status is Not Started

I've seen Advanced Filters but I don't see how to do this.

It's possible to do this from anyway?

Thank you!

Are task1 and task2 tasks of different types?

Using the "api query filter" you should be able to achieve this: http://ftrack.rtd.ftrack.com/en/stable/using/filtering.html#filtering-using-api-like-queries (Note that this is quite technical).

E.g. by adding a Shot filter with:

children any (type.name is "Foo" and status.name is "Client Approved") and children any (type.name is "Bar" and status.name is "Not started")

Thanks fo your reply Mattias

I've checked on Advance filters in Advance settings, but in spreadsheed can't see how to add a query api filter. In the "gear" icon for filters, when I hit down in Advance filter option, then pop up window appears with "All" or "Any" dropdown menus for conditions.

Thanks Mattias!

Don't return me results when I use:

children any (type.name is "Preview" and status.name is "Client approved") and children any (type.name is "Render" and status.name is "Not started")

However when I use one of both conditions separatelly, it runs ok

type.name is "Preview" and status.name is "Client approved"

or

type.name is "Render" and status.name is "Not started"

Using OR instead AND, same results for me. No concidence returns.

It seems rare cos I use the same sentence in your example (replacing only names).

I tried with status.name from only one word, like "Approved" or "Rendering" avoiding possible unmatched words like "Not started", "not_started". Too I'm triying with lowercase.

Your attached screenshot looks it that I want, but looking as task > query

On 5/4/2017 at 10:04 AM, Mattias Lagergren said:

Aha, I misunderstood your original question! It sounds like you should be using OR instead of AND. It sounds like it works when you do that?

I had a little mistake choosing Query to apply filter. We use a custom type (image) instead shot.

Now it works!

Thank you Mattias!

Archived