Multiple File Storages per Studio

eight

Is it possible to choose the root directory on a per project basis? We have a studio with multiple file storages paths, and we want some projects to go on one file storage and other projects to go on a different file storage. For example:

City1

- Storage1

- Storage2

City2

-Storage1

-Storage2

If I want to work on Project1 in City1, Storage1 and City2, Storage1, but I want to work on Project2 in City1, Storage2 and City2, Storage2. What's the best way to do this?

There are multiple ways of dealing with this, one being to setup a Proxy location that proxies a few different Storage/Disk locations, based on the Project that the Component/Version lives in. This is not something I've done myself, but it is possible to setup a Location plugin that does not map to a "ftrack location" - but rather proxies it to the correct Location plugin.

I think Lorenzo at efestolab has a solution for this.

I found the proxy location documentation from efestolab. Although it's helpful, it looks like it's meant to filter by Task Types and Component Types rather than by Project. I think I can base something off that, but it would be better to have this kind of thing already built into ftrack Connect.

Archived