Downloadable / Offline Support Site

Jack

Hi Guys,

Great job with support.ftrack.com as a new member to the ftrack community, I can see our team needing to refer to it quite often.

Given that one of the reasons for opting for a local installation, is to keep our network disconnected from the internet - team members would have to use a separate web-connected workstation to access the docs. While we have this available for reference, it is quite inconvenient as they can't simply switch tabs between the support docs and their ftrack account. They'd have to go back and forth between stations.

It would be great to have a downloadable version of support.ftrack.com that we can host on our local install so that team members can access it via the LAN.

Thanks again.

Best,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Given that one of the reasons for opting for a local installation, is to keep our network disconnected from the internet - team members would have to use a separate web-connected workstation to access the docs.

Agree. I will see what we can do in the short time. We're using a service called Desk.com for our documentation and they don't have the option to download the docs for offline viewing. We can probably do a Website download/rip and package it with every version of ftrack. I'll update this topic when we have a solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Fredrik

Hi Jack,

I've downloaded and zipped the most current documentation - 2.3v2. Attached to this post. When you've un-zipped it you will find index.html in /ftrack-docs-2.3/support.ftrack.com/index.html.

Let me know how it works out. We will probably do this a bit cleaner in the future, and package it with every new server package as well.

Best Regards,

Fredrik

ftrack-docs-2.3.zip

Archived