AssetVersionLink example

kim-a

Hi folks,

My company has just updated our installation of Ftrack, and I would like to take advantage of the new features for linking dependencies in my code, specifically the AssetVersionLink entity. Can you please provide a use case that can illustrate some of the properties of this entity? How does it differ from usesVersions()? Is it supposed to replace it, or are we supposed to use them in tandem? There is no documentation on this feature, so any information would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Kim

15 hours ago, kim-a said:

There is no documentation on this feature, so any information would be very helpful.

This seems to be a mistake from our side. It should definitely be documented, especially since the "shortcut" relationship is documented: http://ftrack-python-api.rtd.ftrack.com/en/stable/example/asset_version_dependency.html#using-asset-version-depencencies

The example above can be used to jump from an asset_version to another, while the "incoming_links" and "outgoing_links" exposes the association object AssetVersionLink. The AssetVersionLink may have metadata attached to it to enable more advanced use-cases when you want to model exactly how/why one asset version is linked to another.

Archived