Planning with dummy users

Remus Avram

Hi all,

we have a small issue in our production and I don't know which is the best workflow for it.

We would like to schedule a project in advanced in order to know how many artists we will need. Unfortunately, we don't know at this point which artists will work for the project and in this case we have to use dummy users. If it's a big project, then we will need like 50 dummy users which gets a big part of the Ftrack licenses. Also the dummy users need to be categorized by departments. Is there a way to use dummy users without using a license and not be displayed as normal users (displayed only in planning view)?

It would be cool if other studious would like to share how they manage this.

Cheers, Remus

• 6 months later...
18 minutes ago, MargauxDR said:

Any news on this topic ?

I'm in the same situation, trying to use the Planning Tools to plan the summer, but without licenses for all the artists as the planning will help us know how many we need to hire.

Did you get the chance to test ftrack v3.5.x? As far as I know it should be possible with the new calendar tools.

9 minutes ago, Remus Avram said:

Did you get the chance to test ftrack v3.5.x? As far as I know it should be possible with the new calendar tools.

Actually I realised that I'm not on this latest version; how do you easily upgrade ? Is it still in Beta ?

Archived