Open Compositions directly from ftrack

Jozef

Hi!

My first question:

It is possible open compositions {for example adobe after effects compositions, Photoshop files....}

directly from ftrack?

How can compositor open specific file without searching it on the folders in computer in case that compositor has hundreds of shots and to every shot are hundreds of compositions for example from Ae comp01.aep........to .Ae comp 500.aep......and so on.....

I need open from ftrack that specific file with specific application directly from task in ftrack and begin to work with it.

My second question:

How to import to ftrack image sequence as asset that i can import to application {After Effects, Nuke.....} from asset manager.

Typical scenario:

From client i will get a sequence of *.DPX files: Scene01_001.dpx..........to Scene01_100.dpx

I make a task in ftrack that i want makes artist from another city (or country).  I want that artist in task finds asset with sequence of files ready to import in application. after that he renders over again sequence *.dpx (*.tga, *.tiff, .*png....)files and i will have that sequence in my home city......

In tutorials i have seen only importing of video *.mov files but i cant find possibility to import image sequences.

Thanks

Jozef

15 minutes ago, Jozef said:

It is possible open compositions {for example adobe after effects compositions, Photoshop files....}

directly from ftrack?

I don't know about AE and Photoshop, but its definitely possible with Nuke and Maya with an event plugin like this; https://github.com/tokejepsen/ftrack-hooks/blob/master/ftrack_connect_hooks/hook/app_launch_open_file.py. You'll of course need to implement your own logic for getting the path to the files.

21 hours ago, Jozef said:

How to import to ftrack image sequence as asset that i can import to application {After Effects, Nuke.....} from asset manager.

In e.g. Nuke it is possible to import image sequences if the are published as the "Image sequence" asset type

From client i will get a sequence of *.DPX files: Scene01_001.dpx..........to Scene01_100.dpx

I make a task in ftrack that i want makes artist from another city (or country).  I want that artist in task finds asset with sequence of files ready to import in application. after that he renders over again sequence *.dpx (*.tga, *.tiff, .*png....)files and i will have that sequence in my home city......

In tutorials i have seen only importing of video *.mov files but i cant find possibility to import image sequences.

Do you have a shared storage, NAS or similar, with the artist in the other city/country? The built in tools in our integrations require you to have a shared storage somehow. Other setups are possible but may require some development or 3rd party solutions.

• 4 years later...

Hi @Byron Nash thanks for writing in, we'll be happy to get you sorted. A lot has changed in our integrations feature set since this original forum post so we'd love to hear which aspects of the integrations you need help with and the team will be happy help out.

As you are currently evaluating, feel free to drop any questions to support@ftrack.com and we'll do our best to get you sorted. We'll also report back anything that may apply to this thread as well.

Cheers,

Andrew