"Actions for >entity_type> <entity_name>" title in Actions Launcher

Remus Avram

Hi all,

in the Action Launcher window it would be cool if the title will contain also the entity type and the entity name in order to be sure that we are launching the action for the specific task/sequence/shot/etc.

The context loaded in the Action Launcher window is not the one which we right clicked on it, it's the one which it's selected, which sometimes is a bit tricky.

21 hours ago, Remus Avram said:

in the Action Launcher window it would be cool if the title will contain also the entity type and the entity name in order to be sure that we are launching the action for the specific task/sequence/shot/etc.

That is a good idea, only problem I can see is if you've selected multiple in a spreadsheet - then it can be hard to display that.

A possible workaround at the moment is to send back a "label" field in your action response that contains this information.

21 hours ago, Remus Avram said:

The context loaded in the Action Launcher window is not the one which we right clicked on it, it's the one which it's selected, which sometimes is a bit tricky.

Is this in the Versions or Tasks spreadsheet, or both? I can see that it is a bit awkward but the idea is that you should be able to multi-select.

On 9/30/2016 at 9:05 AM, Mattias Lagergren said:

That is a good idea, only problem I can see is if you've selected multiple in a spreadsheet - then it can be hard to display that.

A possible workaround at the moment is to send back a "label" field in your action response that contains this information.

You are right! Multiple selections in a spreadsheet doesn't look good.

We will try with the "label" field for the confirmation of the user.

On 9/30/2016 at 9:05 AM, Mattias Lagergren said:

Is this in the Versions or Tasks spreadsheet, or both? I can see that it is a bit awkward but the idea is that you should be able to multi-select.

In the Versions it works nice. If you right click on a version it selects it and then runs the menu. If you select multiple, then right click on on of them, it keeps all selected and run the menu on all.

Unfortunately, it is not the same behaviour for the Task session. Is it possible to have the same behaviour in the Task as well?

• 4 months later...

Archived