Reload actions without re-launch connect

raul1st2002

4 hours ago, raul1st2002 said:

It would be great if connect has a function to reload actions without relaunching.

You mean searching the FTRACK_CONNECT_PLUGIN_PATH and FTRACK_EVENT_PLUGIN_PATH again an register any new actions? Or would you want it to call register on plugins that are already loaded? The later could lead to some difficulties since event listeners and other custom initialisation has already been done.

4 hours ago, raul1st2002 said:

It would be great if connect has a function to reload actions without relaunching.

Is this to be able to debug actions quickly? I tend to make the actions runnable on its own so you can quickly debug a single action without having to worry about restarting ftrack-connect.

https://github.com/tokejepsen/ftrack-hooks/blob/master/ftrack_connect_hooks/hook/djvview.py

1 hour ago, tokejepsen said:

Is this to be able to debug actions quickly? I tend to make the actions runnable on its own so you can quickly debug a single action without having to worry about restarting ftrack-connect.

https://github.com/tokejepsen/ftrack-hooks/blob/master/ftrack_connect_hooks/hook/djvview.py

Hi Toke,

Thank you for sharing this! I've been already using this method. But before I release the action, I still want to make some tests with connect to ensure everything works properly for the artists. 

Hi,

I was looking for this, too. For us it would be awesome if we could call register on plugins that are already loaded.

Artists never reboot their computers, never relaunch ftrack-connect. We are updating our actions quite frequently,  and it's getting annoying to notify the artists to relaunch ftrack-connect all the time.

Also it would be nice to have it automatically, one per day ftrack-connect relaunches all the actions. In this case everything will go smooth. :)

Archived