Custom link fields for entities

It would be very useful to be able to have custom entity link fields in order to reduce confusion and boost productivity.

By this I mean the ability to add a field (custom attribute) that is a link to another type of entity in the system and displays as such in the spreadsheet etc. We would want both single entity and multi entity support I think.

A real world example of this is adding custom fields for assigning 'Reviewers' or 'Stakeholders' for tasks etc. It is confusing to just add them to Assignee so an extra field would help our workflow here.

Thoughts?

Shotgun has this, and I found it very useful indeed. It allowed us to make more complicated relationships between entities.

Especially when paired with non project entities as well.  (Which I don't think ftrack has?)

An example of that would be, when we tracked materials as non project entities, we could associate our assets with the materials (that would happen at publish time) and then we know which assets in which projects depended upon certain materials.

+1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...