Logged into two machines at once
3 3

5 posts in this topic

Hi Toke,

that one is a little bit tricky. Does this happen often for you?

One thing I think we should do it target the launch event to the same event hub where the action was discovered. That way at least only one of them would be launched. Then the rest is about identification so that the user can see that the same one is available from multiple hosts.

Let me know your thoughts.

Chers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Björn Rydahl said:

Does this happen often for you?

It happens fairly often. I'm looking into running an Ftrack pipeline from multiple location, and then it'll become more a problem.

31 minutes ago, Björn Rydahl said:

One thing I think we should do it target the launch event to the same event hub where the action was discovered.

That sounds good. Even better would be to target the discover event to the same event hub, but don't know how much more difficult that is.

32 minutes ago, Björn Rydahl said:

Then the rest is about identification so that the user can see that the same one is available from multiple hosts.

Do you mean that the actions would be labelled with the location?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not perfect, but right now you could use the variant key on returned discovered actions. This is mostly used for versions of software at present, but you could extend to be hostname+version or have a separate action for each software version and use variant just for hostname.

http://ftrack.rtd.ftrack.com/en/stable/developing/events/list.html#ftrack-action-discover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Martin Pengelly-Phillips said:

Not perfect, but right now you could use the variant key on returned discovered actions. This is mostly used for versions of software at present, but you could extend to be hostname+version or have a separate action for each software version and use variant just for hostname.

http://ftrack.rtd.ftrack.com/en/stable/developing/events/list.html#ftrack-action-discover

That could definitely work for now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3