Maya 2017 compatibility

Milan Kolar

So maya 2017 is out just in time for us to start testing it on some new production. However as you might have noticed. PySide is no longer available to make way for Qt5 and PySide2 bindings.

That of course means that ftrack-connect is currently incompatible with maya 2017.

Do you have an estimate about when it might be?

I realize it's not quite a switch of a button change, so maybe have a look at https://github.com/mottosso/Qt.py to stay backwards compatible as much as possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Currently ftrack is crashing Maya when opening the import dialog, when running from source.

I'm trying to run ftrack-connect-maya from source, but there seems to be some inconsistencies between the version of QtExt on bitbucket and what you ship with ftrack-connect package.

When I run this code, I get two different version outputs;

import QtExt

print QtExt.__version__

Running through ftrack-connect package I get "2.0.0~alpha0", and running from source I get "1.2.4". Where is this "2.0.0~alpha0" located?

5 minutes ago, Mattias Lagergren said:

Hi Toke, this was a bit confusing.

The version number of QtExt is actually 0.1.0 - but the __version__ that you are printing is that of PySide2:

import QtExt
print QtExt
print QtExt.__version__

import PySide2
print PySide2
print PySide2.__version__

Ohh, I see :) That makes more sense now. Its probably picking up PySide from ftrack-connect instead of PySide2 inside Maya. I'll continue investigating.

So the issue was that because QtExt is locking Qt.py's resolution order to search for PySide first; https://bitbucket.org/ftrack/qtext/src/eef82644aa4d61e168311370d0ddc4d8cddb4f42/source/QtExt/__init__.py?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#__init__.py-8, which it'll find if you run from source.

I would suggest removing this custom resolution order, because the default for Qt.py is "PySide2;PySide". I've test with 2015 and 2017 with a resolution order of "PySide2;PySide" which works.

I'll send a PR later today.

Archived