Error deleting types

Remus Avram

Hi all,

I try to delete a type which is not added to any workflow schema.

Unfortunately I get the error message: "A server error occurred. Please try again or contact support."

I checked the ftrack.log and I get this:

./ftrack.log:  File "/opt/ftrack/environments/ftrack/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/persistence.py", line 117, in delete_obj
./ftrack.log:    cached_connections, mapper, table, delete)
./ftrack.log:  File "/opt/ftrack/environments/ftrack/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/persistence.py", line 694, in _emit_delete_statements
./ftrack.log:IntegrityError: (IntegrityError) (1451, 'Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`ftrack`.`project_scheme_override`, CONSTRAINT `project_scheme_override_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`typeid`) REFERENCES `task_type` (`typeid`))') 'DELETE FROM task_type WHERE task_type.typeid = %s' ('15c977fc-b93e-11e5-88e0-005056a76761',)
I queried the database and in project_scheme_override table there are still entries with typeid '15c977fc-b93e-11e5-88e0-005056a76761'.

How can I delete the type correctly?

Best,

Remus

3 minutes ago, Remus Avram said:

Hi Mattias,

thanks for the answer!

I am getting the error when I am trying to delete the task type through the user interface.

Oh, sorry - I read it too quick then! It looks like one or more schemas have them in their overrides. 

If you go to System settings > Workflow > Schemas and check each "Task" schema for overrides where the specific Type may be.

21 hours ago, Remus Avram said:

Could be possible that I changed the task type for some tasks using the API and it didn't update all the dependencies.

The foreign key contraint (project_scheme_override) suggests that it is a schema override. I would suggest open a support ticket, (support@ftrack.com) and reference our conversation here.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived