Time logging

On 5/24/2018 at 2:25 AM, kristing said:

Currently the timesheet/time logger views allow you to select a Milestone in the Tasks drop-down if you are assigned to it. Given Milestones don't have "Log time" or "Show logged time" in their More menu, it seems as though this is a bug. If it's not, it would be useful to be able to designate what entities a user may log time to -- Task, Milestone, Shot, etc -- to have more control of timelogs.

Thank you for reporting, I was not aware of this and at the moment we've restricted time-logging to task and this sounds like a bug.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello
Just a small tweak / idea :
As our team logs time mostly manually, I'd like to be able to change the settings on the timelog input field.
It is defaulted to 0 sec, but doesn't make much sense for us to track seconds ...
I don't know what would be the best option though, maybe have it defaulted to 0 h as people mostly log several hours at a time.

• 1 month later...

I support Chloe's request about default value as hours a previous discussion about being able to to modify time logs by others if needed (producers and supervisors).

Also I'd like to have possibility to log time to any tasks, not just personal assigned tasks. If a person works in quick commercial projects that might have not so exact task assignments per person, then it is impossible to log time unless producer/supervisor/coordinator assigns the task for time log. It's better to allow time log rather than wait next day until assignment if done correctly and then log time. I am aware that this might cause sometimes mistakes of logging to wrong tasks, but less restrictive would be better.

• 2 months later...