Dropbox Tutorial Help

Mike

I'm trying to do the Dropbox Tutorial, but I keep getting this error: 

I'm not too sure what an abstract class is in this case.  Here is my current code, its pretty much copy and pasted from the tutorial. Any ideas? Thanks!:

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

So the Getting Started section isn't a step by step process on how to create a Dropbox accessor?  Did I miss a step?

It should be a complete example. In you screenshot I could only see that you had implemented list, did you implement the other methods that are explained further down?

No, not yet.  But shouldn't those methods be included before the step I was on if they're required to make the code work? Someone more experienced might be able to anticipate that they're going to need to add more to the class, but I was totally in the dark.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

No, not yet.  But shouldn't those methods be included before the step I was on if they're required to make the code work? 

You're absolutely correct! When I read the tutorial again it is very strange and doesn't make sense. I will check with my team mates to see what happened here; I almost suspect that the methods were made abstract after this tutorial was written.

I've completed the API and Location tutorials, so now I'm back to this dropbox one.  I've downloaded the dropbox_accessor.  Copied the code to run the accessor into a file and saved it into the same dir as the accessor like so: dir.JPG.da8ee45cc38b3252a808bc846fc879c5

When I run use_dropbox_accessor I get this error: noneError.JPG.ced531ad78e9714287c30ecddc

My access token isn't blank though: tokenvar.thumb.JPG.a8b4e96d6156204959c46

Any reason why this wouldn't be working?  All the code is from the site, I've only inserted my own access token.

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Sorry for leading you down the wrong path here.  The Dropbox API has changed since the tutorial was written, and it does not work with the current API. The tutorial was written a while back as a guide on how to write your custom accessor and is not intended to be used in production. I'll update the documentation to properly reflect this.

The easiest way to use Dropbox storage for your location is simply to configure a Centralized storage scenario, configured with the prefix where dropbox stores the files and leveraging Dropbox for syncing files. Though this currently has some restrictions: all users need to have the same dropbox mount point and the files need to be present on the local machine (though, you can use selective sync to only store data for certain projects).

Regards,

Lucas

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:30 AM, Lucas Correia said:

Hi Mike,

Sorry for leading you down the wrong path here.  The Dropbox API has changed since the tutorial was written, and it does not work with the current API. The tutorial was written a while back as a guide on how to write your custom accessor and is not intended to be used in production. I'll update the documentation to properly reflect this.

The easiest way to use Dropbox storage for your location is simply to configure a Centralized storage scenario, configured with the prefix where dropbox stores the files and leveraging Dropbox for syncing files. Though this currently has some restrictions: all users need to have the same dropbox mount point and the files need to be present on the local machine (though, you can use selective sync to only store data for certain projects).

Regards,

Lucas

That's ok, I wasn't trying to create a Dropbox storage system- I just wanted to wrap my head around the dev process.  Are there any walkthroughs on how to set up and customize pipelines for Maya?  Thanks!

Archived