FReview UI ideas...
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I think that adding a few features to FReview would really improve its functionality.

Here are my thoughts:

• Full screen mode. At one click being able to take the image to the full screen (i.e. take out the panels and make the image full screen). This is different from the current implementation which goes full screen but keeps the panels visible. I would love a keyboard shortcut for that in addition to the icon and my vote would be for 'Tab'.
  • Easy switching of versions. At the moment it takes too many clicks to switch to another version. I would keep it very simple and double click on a version to switch to it, instead of the current click, click load. The version being played back should be highlighted in the versions list. Again a keyboard shortcut would be ideal... I would vote for PageUp/PageDown to go up and down with versions.
  • Once you choose a different version I think it should update the attributes at the top to reflect the current version being played back.
  • When starting up FReview just automatically load the clip instead requiring the user to double click on the icon
  • Having an icon and keyboard shortcut to toggle the playback range between the full length of the clip and a cut range. I would use an additional metadata key to set what the cut range is. In addition to the current 'frameIn','frameOut','frameRate' you could have 'cutIn', 'cutOut'. Once you click on the 'cut range' icon playhead will only play between cutIn and cutOut.
  • If you have multiple items on the timeline it would be good to be able to toggle between 'only play current shot' or 'play all shots'. Again the toggle should be with a one click icon or keyboard shortcut. If I am in 'current shot' mode, it would be good to be able to go to the next clip easily. For instance Ctrl+Left/Right arrows.

It's already very useful, but I feel that these few tweaks would make it much more powerful!

Thank you!

M.

Hi Michele,

• Toggle panels  is working in 2.1v1, the shortcut is ctrl+shift+t. The shortcut might change to something simpler in a future release.
  • Maybe we could combine the "Easy switching of versions" and "Go to next clip" using for example ctrl + up/down to change version and ctrl + right/left to jump to the next clip in the timeline?
  • Updating the attributes at the top when loading a related version sound like a good idea. I'll add this to our roadmap.
  • Automatically loading the clips when starting ftrackreview is something we have on the roadmap. Not sure when it will be in place though.
  • Switching between full clip and cutIn/cutOut is a good idea. I've added this to the roadmap as well.

Thank you for the feedback!

Hi Carl,

all sounds great.

I would definitely be happy with Ctrl+up/down for versions up/down and Ctrl right/left for next/previous clip.

Looking forward to having all these features in FReview!

Cheers,

M.

Hi Michele,

• Toggle panels  is working in 2.1v1, the shortcut is ctrl+shift+t. The shortcut might change to something simpler in a future release.
  • Maybe we could combine the "Easy switching of versions" and "Go to next clip" using for example ctrl + up/down to change version and ctrl + right/left to jump to the next clip in the timeline?
  • Updating the attributes at the top when loading a related version sound like a good idea. I'll add this to our roadmap.
  • Automatically loading the clips when starting ftrackreview is something we have on the roadmap. Not sure when it will be in place though.
  • Switching between full clip and cutIn/cutOut is a good idea. I've added this to the roadmap as well.

Thank you for the feedback!