start ftrack connect minimized

Claudia

Hi,

We would like to start ftrack connect minimized (without opening the window), is there any parameter that I can use to avoid the window to open? Is there a help for connect display the available parameters?

Another question, can I edit the information in the service context menu 'About', before the login? I would like to add our server address and the api key to help the user's login and remove the default user information. What file should I edit? Can I use the ftrack.connect.plugin.debug-information hook? 

Thanks!

Hi Claudia,

10 hours ago, Claudia said:

We would like to start ftrack connect minimized (without opening the window), is there any parameter that I can use to avoid the window to open? Is there a help for connect display the available parameters?

There is nothing in Connect that can do this, but on e.g. OS X there are ways to open applications without bringing them to the foreground.

10 hours ago, Claudia said:

Another question, can I edit the information in the service context menu 'About', before the login? I would like to add our server address and the api key to help the user's login and remove the default user information. What file should I edit? Can I use the ftrack.connect.plugin.debug-information hook? 

Could you elaborate a little more on the use-case? Is this only to simplify the login step?

Ok, we use Windows here, but thanks for the information.

Yes, the second thing is just to simplify the login. If I could preload the information in the fields would be a good way too. I asked about the ftrack.connect.plugin.debug-information hook because I thought it would be a good place to give the information to the users. When I am not logged, I can see the user of my machine and https://YOUR-FTRACK-SERVER in 'Server and user' information from 'About' menu.

19 hours ago, Claudia said:

Ok, we use Windows here, but thanks for the information.

Yes, the second thing is just to simplify the login. If I could preload the information in the fields would be a good way too. I asked about the ftrack.connect.plugin.debug-information hook because I thought it would be a good place to give the information to the users. When I am not logged, I can see the user of my machine and https://YOUR-FTRACK-SERVER in 'Server and user' information from 'About' menu.

When not logged in the ftrack.connect.plugin.debug-information hook is not active so unfortunately you cannot use it to display more information.  But, we're soon releasing a new version of Connect where you can login a lot more user friendly. You will enter your ftrack url in Connect, e.g. my-company.ftrackapp.com (or my-company) and then log in via the web interface. If you're already logged in in your web browser it will go even smoother. This should be out in the next few weeks.

Archived