Shot worked days

tokejepsen

Isn't that what the included task attribute 'worked hours' or 'worked days' (depending on your settings I believe) does? I believe it just calls {self.worked} in an attribute.

EDIT: sorry I just re-read your question and realised you're asking for a sum of tasks on the shot... Very good question. I can't find anything about accessing children attributes on in the docs. It would however be most useful.

3 hours ago, tokejepsen said:

Wanted to accumulate all worked days on tasks on a shot, together and show as an attribute on the shot.

Does anyone already have an expression for this?

Unfortunately it is not possible to do this. The expressions can only pull data from the attributes on the same entity.

A possible solution is to setup an event listener and calculate this manually. There are however limitations to this and if I recall correctly there is no event or not enough information on an event if a timelog gets deleted to figure out the "parent" task to update this summary.

A possible solution is to setup an event listener and calculate this manually. There are however limitations to this and if I recall correctly there is no event or not enough information on an event if a timelog gets deleted to figure out the "parent" task to update this summary.

I guess if we are looking at such solutions, I could also just make an action to calculate it on-demand.

Is there nothing in the "Reports", where we can see a hierarchical breakdown of the worked days? Would be great to go down the project hierarchy and explore where the time has gone.

13 hours ago, tokejepsen said:

I guess if we are looking at such solutions, I could also just make an action to calculate it on-demand.

Yes, definitely - having a custom attribute where you summarise based on events would perhaps be an option if you absolutely must have it in the Spreadsheet.

13 hours ago, tokejepsen said:

Is there nothing in the "Reports", where we can see a hierarchical breakdown of the worked days? Would be great to go down the project hierarchy and explore where the time has gone.

Not at that level, you can have breakdowns based on Project, User and Task types but not hierarchically. The closest you get is the summary in the Spreadsheets, but that only work as long as the Project contains less than 500 tasks. Above 500 tasks the Spreadsheet starts to lazy load data and since the summary is made "client side" they will appear empty until expanded.

Archived