My task collumns

Aleksander

Hi, 

In "My Task" it would be great to have the option to put in more columns.

As per now we have "available task, task not started, task in progress, Task done"

We would really like to have a collumn for "Task pending review" so we can have more visual control in "my task". 

Thanks, 

Aleksander

Hi Alexander,

thank you for the request.

The columns might become more flexible in the future, but initially we are thinking about adding a pending review column like you said. Often users should not set it to done, but rather pending review and then a supervisor might say it is done. 

Anyhow, it would be a nice feature.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi There! A few guys in my crew asked for the above features as well. But I'm also wondering if theres a way we can customize the list view on My Tasks? We currently don't publish the bid days, and it would be great if we could see what priority the shot is. Our clients are always late, so our due dates are always off, but if it was easier for them to see what we need them to do first, it would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!

Hi Jena,

We are working on improving My Tasks and adding functionality to control which information is displayed on the cards, as well as hiding information that is not important (such as not scheduled).

If you want to see the priority for the tasks you can select "Sort By:", "Priority" in the column headers. That way you get the list sorted by priority with group headers that display the priority. Internally, we also use priorities a lot and I often use this view myself, as it keeps the tasks that i should work on next clearly visible at the top.

Hi everyone,

here is an update on what we are working on. 

• Cards will have more information. Here is an example: post-5-0-74449200-1385458860_thumb.png
  • You will be able to customise what columns should be visible.
  • If a column is represented with more than one status then the user will be prompted to make a selection when dropping a task on that column.

We have also added the the possibility to have a scrum/kanban board similar to "My Tasks" but for a specific project under the Projects section. 

These additions will hopefully make it into a release very soon. If you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to continue the discussion here.

More info here: http://forum.ftrack.com/index.php?/topic/61-scrum-board/

Cheers 

post-5-0-97871900-1385458858_thumb.png

post-5-0-97871900-1385458858_thumb.png

post-5-0-74449200-1385458860_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to send an email to support asking for the exact same thing.

Currently what I've ended up doing as a workaround, was to create a "Done" status and put it's order before the "Approved" one. So when artists drop a task to the "Done" column their status on the list change to "Done" and not "Approved". You probably could do the same thing by changing the correspondence of the "Pending Review" status to "Done" and then put it's order to before the "Approved" one there.

But this messes with the dashboard stuff and project progress fields since tasks set "Pending Review" (or Done in my case) are seen internally as "Done" and not as "In Progress" anymore. But I'm willing to pay that price for now.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived