Download all Components from AssetVersion

1 post in this topic

Hi all:

Been working on ftrack 3ds max integration for our studio for the past few months, so finally getting into actions/events/etc. Just to get this place started, here's an Action I made that I have no idea how everyone else on ftrack works without; the ability to download all Components at once from an AssetVersion. Ideally, I'd like to be able to integrate a Tkinter/Qt UI for choosing the file directory to save files to, but right now that doesn't seem to work, and I can't figure out why (since nothing gets piped to stderr/stdout when I execute a simple Tkinter fileDialog.askDirectory())

Actually, ideally I'd love to be able to zip the components on the server and generate a download link to that, but I can't figure out how to get boto (S3) to do that. So for now I just multithread the downloads.

You will need to modify this action to suit your needs (Since you obviously won't have a frostburnS3Accessor class, which really is just a subclass of ftrack.S3Accessor with a few additional methods such as getting the resolved URL of a key on S3. Just replace all of that with whatever type of Accessor that your studio is using)

http://pastebin.com/DCPsBbsA

Hope this helps get the ball rolling in here!