3ds Max connection?

Christian Kaffka

• 3 months later...

Hi there! Any updates about the 3ds max connection? I guess that it is a must have, 3dsmax its used all around the world in almost all the major studios, at least in some minor tasks... Do you have the software roadmap open to the public? You should consider integrating other apps as well, like Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and so on, because not all the studios will work with highend apps like Mari, and for example, many productions nowadays include motiongraphics work that its done in After Effects, cause Nuke just sucks at that. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news regarding this? Even some kind of Beta integration?

We are about to start a project and we thought about starting to use Ftrack, but without max integration we can't, we are a small company, so we don't have developers to create our own integration.

Best regards.

• 3 weeks later...

I have approval to make this public, so I can talk a little about it: I've been working on 3ds max integration for our studio over the past couple of months, and I hope eventually that I can open-source it. No promises though, and even if I do, a lot of the setup is rather custom, so it might/might not suit everyone's needs, though I've tried to make it as agnostic as possible.

Features right now include the ability to publish files (with automatic screenshots), integration with our custom Locations setup (both to S3 and to a local Location), the ability to merge/open assetVersions from within 3ds max, and the ability to comment and change task statuses from within 3ds max itself through the QWebView widgets (though those render a little funny sometimes).

It's by no means feature-complete or production ready in my opinion (it's currently in testing here still as well), and there are lots of things I need to fix. But since this has been a commonly-requested thing I see on the forums, I thought I'd at least show that such a thing was possible even with the less-than-stellar Python MaxPlus API. :P

If you're willing to work with me to improve/bulletproof this, I'm open to discussions :) I'm afraid that as I'm the only one here working on this, I cannot offer official support for it outside of our company though.

• 3 weeks later...

I have approval to make this public, so I can talk a little about it: I've been working on 3ds max integration for our studio over the past couple of months, and I hope eventually that I can open-source it. No promises though, and even if I do, a lot of the setup is rather custom, so it might/might not suit everyone's needs, though I've tried to make it as agnostic as possible.

Features right now include the ability to publish files (with automatic screenshots), integration with our custom Locations setup (both to S3 and to a local Location), the ability to merge/open assetVersions from within 3ds max, and the ability to comment and change task statuses from within 3ds max itself through the QWebView widgets (though those render a little funny sometimes).

It's by no means feature-complete or production ready in my opinion (it's currently in testing here still as well), and there are lots of things I need to fix. But since this has been a commonly-requested thing I see on the forums, I thought I'd at least show that such a thing was possible even with the less-than-stellar Python MaxPlus API. :P

If you're willing to work with me to improve/bulletproof this, I'm open to discussions :) I'm afraid that as I'm the only one here working on this, I cannot offer official support for it outside of our company though.

good!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2016/4/14 at 9:43 PM, Fredrik Limsater said:

Hello guys,

Current work in progress on 3DS Max plug-in. This is basically a port of the Maya plugin done by Lorenzo and his team at Efesto Lab. Will soon be ready for early access.  Let us know who would be interested in trying out the early builds.

Cheers,
Fredrik

Hi, Fredrik

I will try the 3DS Max plug-in early buids, thx!

On 4/14/2016 at 8:43 PM, Fredrik Limsater said:

Hello guys,

Current work in progress on 3DS Max plug-in. This is basically a port of the Maya plugin done by Lorenzo and his team at Efesto Lab. Will soon be ready for early access.  Let us know who would be interested in trying out the early builds.

Cheers,
Fredrik

Hi  Fredrik  !
Can i try this plugin for my Studio Pipeline ? And does it support 3ds max 2013?
Thanks and Best Regards!

Archived